ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flying into Dublin on uk eu family permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oceancat

flying into Dublin on uk eu family permit

Post by oceancat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi,

My wife will arrive in the uk on a EU family permit, i have been looking at flights for her to get, would it be ok if she flies to Birmingham then we will stay in Birmingham for a night and then the following day get a flight to Dublin and travel by road up to Belfast?

I will be travelling with her from Birmingham will she be ok when we arrive in Dublin?

We plan to settle in Belfast.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: flying into Dublin on uk eu family permit

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 am

oceancat wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm
Hi,

My wife will arrive in the uk on a EU family permit, i have been looking at flights for her to get, would it be ok if she flies to Birmingham then we will stay in Birmingham for a night and then the following day get a flight to Dublin and travel by road up to Belfast?

I will be travelling with her from Birmingham will she be ok when we arrive in Dublin?

What’s your wife nationality?

If you’re travelling together in theory she should be fine but make sure you carry your original marriage certificate just in case.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am

max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 am
oceancat wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm
Hi,

What’s your wife nationality?

If you’re travelling together in theory she should be fine but make sure you carry your original marriage certificate just in case.
She is from Thailand,

I'm an Irish citizen that's why I'm kind of worried flying into Dublin

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm

I think you will be fine, if she's carrying the EU family permit, marriage certificate and travelling with her EU husband and I don't see any issues. The immigration officer might ask some questions but that's it.

One more thing - if your marriage certificate isn't in English make sure to bring a certified translation with you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:16 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm
I think you will be fine, if she's carrying the EU family permit, marriage certificate and travelling with her EU husband and I don't see any issues. The immigration officer might ask some questions but that's it.

One more thing - if your marriage certificate isn't in English make sure to bring a certified translation with you.
Thanks for your reply max

Yes our marriage certificate is certified and in English also we have FP already and I will be travelling with her from the UK so all should be good.

Thanks again