ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by mrrobot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Anira wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:36 pm
Its a closed facebook group for south americans in dublin, sorry. and its in another language too so wouldnt be much help :/
Thanks anyways - good to see they started sending out approvals, means that ceremony is close

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:03 pm

I applied citizenship 18 months ago but still waiting to be called for Oath, recently I heard minster of justice wife got passport and she took oath in last ceremony.

Just wondering does she waited around 2,3 year time like mostly people are still waiting or she got special treatment ?
Month ago I send a email to citizenship and and department of justice raising same question but they don't have any decency to reply?

I know in few cases when people was involved in shame marriages(immigration and citizenship was awair about them) but in end they got citizenship, are we getting punished just cause we obeyed the law ?
There is new trend going on now a days to first deal with British applications, do they have more rights then any non EU applicants?
In some applications applicants are on year by year Visa where every year they have to pay 300 euro.

So it's a like whole system is biased.

I like to request every one if they send emails to citizenship and department of justice and ask them how long it took them to process minster of justice wife application.

Thanks

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:32 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:03 pm
I applied citizenship 18 months ago but still waiting to be called for Oath, recently I heard minster of justice wife got passport and she took oath in last ceremony.

Just wondering does she waited around 2,3 year time like mostly people are still waiting or she got special treatment ?
Month ago I send a email to citizenship and and department of justice raising same question but they don't have any decency to reply?

I know in few cases when people was involved in shame marriages(immigration and citizenship was awair about them) but in end they got citizenship, are we getting punished just cause we obeyed the law ?
There is new trend going on now a days to first deal with British applications, do they have more rights then any non EU applicants?
In some applications applicants are on year by year Visa where every year they have to pay 300 euro.

So it's a like whole system is biased.

I like to request every one if they send emails to citizenship and department of justice and ask them how long it took them to process minster of justice wife application.

Thanks
It was not Minister for Justice but Minister for Finance's wife who got naturalised during the last year ceremony, https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.3711287

There is no doubt (in my opinion) this system is biased and I am certain a few privileged cases would have been given priority over others as there is no transparency and strict order being followed by the department. Asking such questions publically or through the parliament will definitely raise some pressure but if you thinking of asking from the department directly, I can already give you an answer about what they are going to say ;)

"Each case is addressed on the individual basis. The nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others. " :evil:

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:00 am

* Minster of Finance

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am

Guys,
Here is my suggesstion:
The Minister for Justice and Equality has a twitter account. Lets challange him with this fact.
Lets ask him question on this matter and bring this to public attention.
Infact if you go to his twitter you will see that he has been questioned on that already.

I think if even 10 of us ask him those questions everyday, in the end of the day public will give attention to this side.
Plus+ there is election soon. Even tho it is local election this matter could effect Fine Gael's vote.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 am

It’s not related to citizenship but you can check this out.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... 4?mode=amp

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Cabinet reshuffle planned for June or July.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.3745519

Let see who will be next useless Minster of justice.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:16 am

Hi all. If anyone gets through the phone please update here that what are they telling today as I am trying but no luck till now!

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:21 am

Just got through, this time was an old lady who siad my application is finished, waiting for minister decision and I should be in the ceremony. I asked if the one in April and she said she is unable to see that, but I should keep an eye out that I could hear from them soon. So, basically:

- You will be in the ceremony
- I can’t confirm if it is in April
- Minister has not decided yet on your application
- Keep an eye out though

😂

I think I will just let this go and let things happen naturally. This is making me sick.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:42 am

Just got through and got the same reply as Anira. I wonder how long we have to wait :(

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 am

My guess they sent 1st batch of approvals and are waiting the 10 days for people to pay thefee and send gnib etc. And depending how many more they need to
Fill in application, they will send x amount for decision to the Minister... guess only.. first batch was sent on the 15th of Feb so if I am right we should see more from the 25th of Feb onwards

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:42 am
Just got through and got the same reply as Anira. I wonder how long we have to wait :(
It appears that whoever sits on INIS helpline depending on their personality and mood they provide almost the same word to word response to everyone. Perhaps, all those who call regularly are in the same boat. ;)

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 am
My guess they sent 1st batch of approvals and are waiting the 10 days for people to pay thefee and send gnib etc. And depending how many more they need to
Fill in application, they will send x amount for decision to the Minister... guess only.. first batch was sent on the 15th of Feb so if I am right we should see more from the 25th of Feb onwards
Are you sure there was one batch of approvals sent on 15th of February? I know not everyone who is waiting for a decision is on this forum or not everyone provides updates, but we haven't any single update from anyone in this forum so far that they have received an approval letter...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Yeah, I mentioned a couple of posts before that a girl in a facebook group I am part of, updated that she got her approval letter on the 18t of Feb (issued on the 15th). She applied in Nov 2017 as EU.

However my theory is just a guess of how they work...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 pm
Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 am
Are you sure there was one batch of approvals sent on 15th of February? I know not everyone who is waiting for a decision is on this forum or not everyone provides updates, but we haven't any single update from anyone in this forum so far that they have received an approval letter...
See below.
Anira wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Well, a person I follow on a different forum has just said she gor her approval letter yesterday. She applied in November 2017... we should be getting news (or not) in the next couple of days

P.s: she said letter was dated 15/02
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:24 pm
Yeah, I mentioned a couple of posts before that a girl in a facebook group I am part of, updated that she got her approval letter on the 18t of Feb (issued on the 15th). She applied in Nov 2017 as EU.

However, my theory is just a guess of how they work...
Yes, I read that post. Was just asking because you said the first batch, but I wondered if it was a single case only or a batch of approvals. Since no one updated here on their timeline that they have received approvals, so I doubted that many approvals were sent. Again, it is all the guesswork and based on a lot of assumptions.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:35 pm
Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:24 pm

However, my theory is just a guess of how they work...
Yes, I read that post. Was just asking because you said the first batch, but I wondered if it was a single case only or a batch of approvals. Since no one updated here on their timeline that they have received approvals, so I doubted that many approvals were sent. Again, it is all the guesswork and based on a lot of assumptions.
Yeah, I just went by the logic that they send applications in batch for approvals. She didn’t contact a solicitor or anything, she let the process run its natural course. If applications are sent single for approval, that’d explain the backlog 😂

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

I was told since October 2018 that my file is with Minister and up till now it’s there. No idea why it’s taking too long.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm
I was told since October 2018 that my file is with Minister and up till now it’s there. No idea why it’s taking too long.
Did they tell you in writing that your file is submitted to Minister or only verbal on phone inquiry? I was told the same on the phone during last year for a few weeks and then it reverted to continues to be processed/ready for submission but not yet submitted.
I highly doubt that any individual files neither physically nor electronically are submitted. At most, there might be one summary sent to the Minister before each ceremony stating the total number of applications to be approved. Perhaps a country wise list as shown after every ceremony.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm
Did they tell you in writing that your file is submitted to Minister or only verbal on phone inquiry? I was told the same on the phone during last year for a few weeks and then it reverted to continues to be processed/ready for submission but not yet submitted.
I highly doubt that any individual files neither physically nor electronically are submitted. At most, there might be one summary sent to the Minister before each ceremony stating the total number of applications to be approved. Perhaps a country wise list as shown after every ceremony.
They told me on phone and I agree with your opinion regarding country wise selection as I feel they keep limited seats for countries and adjust people according to that. It’s just a luck game I guess. Hoping for some good news this time

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Delighted to read reviews.😃.. seems like soon everyone will get their approvals including myself😜..
As they told me 2 weeks ago waiting to send my file to minister.. I didn’t ring on this week but will do next week. so exited to get something this time after more than 2 years wait... please update if anyone got any approval.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 pm
Delighted to read reviews.😃.. seems like soon everyone will get their approvals including myself😜..
As they told me 2 weeks ago waiting to send my file to minister.. I didn’t ring on this week but will do next week. so exited to get something this time after more than 2 years wait... please update if anyone got any approval.
Hi ya. It would be great if you update here about their reply when you call them. Thanks

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Dear Sir,

Thanks for meeting me on last Friday, here is a points I discussed with you to ask in parliament.
I applied citizenship in Sep 2017 and till date I m waiting for citizenship approval as I came to Ireland in 2009 and these 10 years I don't have any criminal record or I never got any single cent on any kind of benefit from Government.
On INIS web site its clearly said for straight forward cases they have decision in 6 months but here I m still waiting after 15 months.
Department of justice says citizenship is a privilege not a right, I have no problem with that but than why it's taking soo long to take decisions on any individual application, I know many people who are waiting from last two and half years, when it comes to minster of Finance wife application then no one tell her citizenship is privilege not a right ? Did she wait more than 15 months or department of justice deal her application with in 6 months ?
I feel like after living in Ireland from last 10 years department of justice is making fun out of us, after 10 years law fully resident I still cant call my self Irish citizen and it's a shame.
When ever I tried to reach Citizenship department I always get copy pasted reply that they need to to background checks from different departments, I have no issues with that but than how u justify 15 months delay?
As a part of immigrants community I can tell you we was very pleased with Alan Shatter, he reduced citizenship time from 3 year to with in 6 months but after him it was francess Fitzgerald and current minister of justice who created back log again.
In last few citizenship ceremonies we see lot of British and EU people applying citizenship but I wonder do they have any more rights than any non EU?
Right now it's very clear that Gov want to talk about integration and immigrants but when its come to real work then we have to wait for citizenship for long time.
When its come to photoshoots then nearly every minster wants to stand beside Ibrahim Halawa but then you forget that Ibrahim halawa gets you on newspaper but he wont gets you any votes in next Election.
So please I want to request if you raise these concerns in parliament questions and if Minster of Justice can answer these questions.

Thanks

Please copy paste above email and send it to ur local TDs
These type of email wont effect your citizenship application, they will create some pressure when they see these emails again and again.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Good one.
I will send the opposition parties Tds
That will effect that. Especially in Local elections non Irish residents can vote too therefore it will give them a pressure.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 am

Just got through, she said they were looking at my application at this moment and I should get a letter soon. I asked if ceremony is fully booked and she said no, it is not.