ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Finally, after 142 tries I managed to talk to someone on the INIS phone line. The same story as you guys, it is ready for submission, waiting for a Directive from the Minister Office to get a signal for a go ahead. Asked, when it will be submitted, she told we are just waiting. Asked, is there a big batch waiting for approvals to go ahead, she said exactly. Again asked any idea when will the department send this batch. She laughed and said, you are asking the same question different way, and I am not sure how long I can resist without leaking more information than saying that it is just waiting to go in a big batch as soon as Minister Office gives us a directive to go ahead.

I can only guess, that there is a big pile of files/lists prepared and within next few days and a big wave of approvals will come. Whether anybody is included or missed again to be included in this list, it all depends on your luck.

Did I get anything new from this conversation today, absolutely not. But it is a fun ride though.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am
Another silly question 🤪.. when I asked about the invitation for April ceremony. She replied it’s depends on the minister ‘s decision first..so my question is how many chances to get approval if they send file to the minister.. like normaly people says only those files they send to minister that they recommends for approval ☺️Appreciate for your replies and thanks in advance
I hardly believe that the Minister is looking at each and every file and I am almost certain that these files never leave Tipperary. It is very probable that for each file there might be one recommendation letter prepared by the department and kept in the file for the sake of completion, whatever is recommended in that letter is the final decision on your application. Perhaps, they might ask the Minister's office just have a look at a few complicated cases. There were a few posts here where applications were either rejected because some court cases were pending or in some cases put on hold for a specified period till the penalty points on the driving license go away. But, unless it is a strong case, they shouldn't be rejecting after that long wait. Of course, they will never say on the phone that you are approved or rejected as by the end of the day it is the Minister's decision.

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:46 pm
Mrs P wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am
Another silly question 🤪.. when I asked about the invitation for April ceremony. She replied it’s depends on the minister ‘s decision first..so my question is how many chances to get approval if they send file to the minister.. like normaly people says only those files they send to minister that they recommends for approval ☺️Appreciate for your replies and thanks in advance
I hardly believe that the Minister is looking at each and every file and I am almost certain that these files never leave Tipperary. It is very probable that for each file there might be one recommendation letter prepared by the department and kept in the file for the sake of completion, whatever is recommended in that letter is the final decision on your application. Perhaps, they might ask the Minister's office just have a look at a few complicated cases. There were a few posts here where applications were either rejected because some court cases were pending or in some cases put on hold for a specified period till the penalty points on the driving license go away. But, unless it is a strong case, they shouldn't be rejecting after that long wait. Of course, they will never say on the phone that you are approved or rejected as by the end of the day it is the Minister's decision.
You are right👌I thought as much aswell, how many indivudual application will the minister sign defo he will get a muscle pull in the process of signing😀i guess all they do is to compile all application that are completed and problem free and wait for directive from ministers office to send out approval to all applicant on that list.fingers cross for every ut wil worth d wait😘

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks paddy to share some information. . As in my case application based on Irish Association from northern Ireland..always they says everything ok. Applied in feb2017 and second stage letter got in march 2018 after few months asked some documents about GP, bills ect. Send them all.. since that no letter.. over the phone always says everything is ok so far and no more document they need from me.. latest update that i told before today final check has been done and any time they can send my file to minister.. no criminal record not even driving points etc.. all clear so far thats why my concern was just if they recomend approval in my case to the minister,” will the minister wave on my application” as i am from Northern Ireland and based on Irish Association. So even i am not sure my case is strong enough or not.. just hope is that after 2 years wait get some good news .😥

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 pm
Finally, after 142 tries I managed to talk to someone on the INIS phone line. The same story as you guys, it is ready for submission, waiting for a Directive from the Minister Office to get a signal for a go ahead. Asked, when it will be submitted, she told we are just waiting. Asked, is there a big batch waiting for approvals to go ahead, she said exactly. Again asked any idea when will the department send this batch. She laughed and said, you are asking the same question different way, and I am not sure how long I can resist without leaking more information than saying that it is just waiting to go in a big batch as soon as Minister Office gives us a directive to go ahead.

I can only guess, that there is a big pile of files/lists prepared and within next few days and a big wave of approvals will come. Whether anybody is included or missed again to be included in this list, it all depends on your luck.

Did I get anything new from this conversation today, absolutely not. But it is a fun ride though.
Love this - a fun ride haha! Potentially a large batch of approvals coming so, pot luck if we are included! Let’s keep the thread going!

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm

It feels that they do not have a process by reading comments from here and there, some people gets 2nd stage letter, some people do not and get to approved and ceremony right away.

It's really luck thing. I have applied for it on November 2017 and got my acknowledge and reference number in 2 weeks after and since then I have never heard of them. I even tried to call but never got lucky they do not answer, I emailed on April 2018 for update, they told me I am under process to check if I am a good citizen and lawful bla bla bla. Since then I have never receive anything, even I emailed in Jan 2019 and never got an answer, then I post to them a letter asking for update on Febrauray 2019 and never got a reply.

I am not sure what is going on well by November 2019 I will complete 2 years waiting :(

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm
It feels that they do not have a process by reading comments from here and there, some people gets 2nd stage letter, some people do not and get to approved and ceremony right away.

It's really luck thing. I have applied for it on November 2017 and got my acknowledge and reference number in 2 weeks after and since then I have never heard of them. I even tried to call but never got lucky they do not answer, I emailed on April 2018 for update, they told me I am under process to check if I am a good citizen and lawful bla bla bla. Since then I have never receive anything, even I emailed in Jan 2019 and never got an answer, then I post to them a letter asking for update on Febrauray 2019 and never got a reply.

I am not sure what is going on well by November 2019 I will complete 2 years waiting :(
You should contact your local TD to ask for an update on your behalf. This way you have an official answer on where your application is at the moment. If I may suggest you can start ringing tomorrow from 10am, get your earphones on and keep pressing the “call back button”. Usually it takes me 40 mins to get through but by doing that I am able to keep working until they pick it up. Now that I am describing what I do to get through, it sounds so sad. I wish this process was a little more humane to be honest. Good luck!

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Anira wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm
M7edShin wrote:

You should contact your local TD to ask for an update on your behalf. This way you have an official answer on where your application is at the moment. If I may suggest you can start ringing tomorrow from 10am, get your earphones on and keep pressing the “call back button”. Usually it takes me 40 mins to get through but by doing that I am able to keep working until they pick it up. Now that I am describing what I do to get through, it sounds so sad. I wish this process was a little more humane to be honest. Good luck!
Excuse my ignorance but local TD you mean a lawyer.. I am just worry to push it with a lawyer so the country takes it in a bad way!!.

I been waiting for long time without any updates and seem to be really sad yeah, not even one letter saying where I am from all of that. I start to get worry so much also my file is so clear like I never had one problem and my application based on 5 years married to EU citizen. Thanks for the advise

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Anira wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm
M7edShin wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but local TD you mean a lawyer.. I am just worry to push it with a lawyer so the country takes it in a bad way!!.

I been waiting for long time without any updates and seem to be really sad yeah, not even one letter saying where I am from all of that. I start to get worry so much also my file is so clear like I never had one problem and my application based on 5 years married to EU citizen. Thanks for the advise
Hi, a TD is just your local politician you
Can check which one covers your area:

https://www.whoismytd.com

As you can see they always ask update questions to INIS or to the minister:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... %5B3%5D=19

It wont do any damage to your application. You should have received an update, this is not right.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:18 am

Can members kindly desist from posting daily 'Is anyone calling today' or 'any updates' posts. They will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:18 am
Can members kindly desist from posting daily 'Is anyone calling today' or 'any updates' posts. They will be removed.
Hello....i think this page is for members to share their experience and to update each other as situation unfold with each application about citizenship since we are all in same boat,or am i getting it wrong🙄

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:41 am

Tokky12 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 am
CR001 wrote:
Hello....i think this page is for members to share their experience and to update each other as situation unfold with each application about citizenship since we are all in same boat,or am i getting it wrong🙄
Yes it is, but posting daily 'anyone calling today' doesn't help anyone does it?? Just a known tactic on the forum to a) post for the sake of posting and b) to increase post count. It doesn't benefit anyone really and as this topic is active daily with detailed updates, there is no need to constantly post low value posts.

Perhaps members should re-read the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:41 am
Tokky12 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 am
CR001 wrote:
Yes it is, but posting daily 'anyone calling today' doesn't help anyone does it?? Just a known tactic on the forum to a) post for the sake of posting and b) to increase post count. It doesn't benefit anyone really and as this topic is active daily with detailed updates, there is no need to constantly post low value posts.

Perhaps members should re-read the forum rules.
I understand you....but i dont think anyone here will be so jobless to be posting for posting sake or to get a post count,what benefit we that bring us?....Any reasonable updates should be welcome on this page just for all applicant to know where they stand and to keep our fate going,or else i think the page will so quiet and useless...my opinion tho

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:00 am

Tokky12 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 am
I understand you....but i dont think anyone here will be so jobless to be posting for posting sake or to get a post count,what benefit we that bring us? You would be surprised how many members actually do this simply to get to 30 posts to activate PM function.

....Any reasonable updates should be welcome on this page just for all applicant to know where they stand and to keep our fate going,or else i think the page will so quiet and useless...my opinion tho Yes, 'reasonable updates' is fine, the key word being 'reasonable'. Daily 'anyone calling' or 'any updates' is not reasonable, it is spamming/low value posting.
There are many topics on the forum that need moderating and checking and only 4 or us actively moderate (myself appearing to be the only one in the Ireland sub forum), so we do ask members to be sensible with what they post and use a bit of common sense, especially in a topic such as this one that is very active with 'reasonable updates' of experience and feedback from INIS or wherever.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:00 am
Tokky12 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 am
I understand you....but i dont think anyone here will be so jobless to be posting for posting sake or to get a post count,what benefit we that bring us? You would be surprised how many members actually do this simply to get to 30 posts to activate PM function.

....Any reasonable updates should be welcome on this page just for all applicant to know where they stand and to keep our fate going,or else i think the page will so quiet and useless...my opinion tho Yes, 'reasonable updates' is fine, the key word being 'reasonable'. Daily 'anyone calling' or 'any updates' is not reasonable, it is spamming/low value posting.
There are many topics on the forum that need moderating and checking and only 4 or us actively moderate (myself appearing to be the only one in the Ireland sub forum), so we do ask members to be sensible with what they post and use a bit of common sense, especially in a topic such as this one that is very active with 'reasonable updates' of experience and feedback from INIS or wherever.
Thanks for the clarification🙏....so any member with current updates should pls feel free to drop it in😁😘😀...thank you

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 am

Got thru after 1h15 mins trying. Lovely lady said my application is finished. I asked if Minister made a decision, she said I should b gettin a letter in thw post shortly. Will update here if my theory is right, letters were posted yesterday.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 am
Got thru after 1h15 mins trying. Lovely lady said my application is finished. I asked if Minister made a decision, she said I should b gettin a letter in thw post shortly. Will update here if my theory is right, letters were posted yesterday.
Thanks for updating here. Hope we will hear good news soon.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:44 pm

I got a similar reply today saying everything is fine on my file and I should expect to receive an approval in the coming weeks, and if I’m lucky I might be included in the April ceremony.

Do I believe them - absolutely not, but it was at least some comfort.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Anira wrote:
Thanks for the update Anira - if your theory is right then approvals should come tomorrow, Monday latest if posted yesterday... interesting times ahead!! I applied in Oct 2017 like you but I haven’t contacted them since my second letter in early jan... so just hoping it has progressed as good as yours!!

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:58 pm
Anira wrote:
Thanks for the update Anira - if your theory is right then approvals should come tomorrow, Monday latest if posted yesterday... interesting times ahead!! I applied in Oct 2017 like you but I haven’t contacted them since my second letter in early jan... so just hoping it has progressed as good as yours!!
Fingers crossed we all get in. At the end of the day we cant believe a word they say 😂

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Anira wrote:
Thanks for the info...goodluck to everyone

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Guys, I am shaking. Just got home from work and the brown envelope was there. Posted yesterday, after 1 year and 5 months I finally got my approval. Best of luck to all of you and I guess my theory was right!!!

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 pm
Guys, I am shaking. Just got home from work and the brown envelope was there. Posted yesterday, after 1 year and 5 months I finally got my approval. Best of luck to all of you and I guess my theory was right!!!
Ah brilliant congrats my friend!!!

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 pm
Anira wrote:
Ah brilliant congrats my friend!!!
Thanks and I hope you get yours soon too. One thing I did recently (after they sent the first batch of approvals) was contact my local TD to ask for an update on my behalf. Not sure if that sped things up, but I would recommend that too.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Anira wrote:
Congrats! Feel happy for you! I’m looking forward to mine then!