ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I (Irish national) want to move to Ireland with my Thai spouse from UK (she has an EEA family permit)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thewayofdarragh
Newly Registered
Ireland

I (Irish national) want to move to Ireland with my Thai spouse from UK (she has an EEA family permit)

Post by thewayofdarragh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello,
My wife and I would like to move from the UK to Ireland. I am an Irish national and she has an EEA family permit. Does anyone know the best way for us to do this?

Many thanks,
Darragh

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Re: I (Irish national) want to move to Ireland with my Thai spouse from UK (she has an EEA family permit)

Post by Statusquo73 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi Darragh,

I assume that you have Irish passport.
There should be no problem for you and for your spouse to move to Ireland.
Obviously Irish Immigration Officers to be able to give her a Stamp 4 visa they will ask your financial sources in the country.
You will need a job, bank account, some bills etc.
They want to be sure how you gonna survive two of you.

Are planning to. Move to Ireland first then look for a job?

thewayofdarragh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: I (Irish national) want to move to Ireland with my Thai spouse from UK (she has an EEA family permit)

Post by thewayofdarragh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:37 pm

Yes, I have a valid Irish passport. Okay, that's good to hear. I have some payslips from my job here in England, would it be best if I traveled alone to Ireland and started work? Or could both of us move over if we had job offers and some savings?

Many thanks

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:43 pm

Many of my friends worked here and then they have applied to. Bring their wife. It took them sometime 6 months. In some cases were even 2 years but this is unusual.
I think she can enter to Ireland with you.
Probably she will have initial visa with you (1 month to 3 months) then you can find a job and send the paper to INIS.
I don't think that it would be a hassle to come Ireland together as she has EU Family Permit.
You rent a house and put her name in the contract, on the bank account, on the bills etc.
I am. Sure i ou will manage in 3 months.
Good luck with that.
Let me know if you need help with that

thewayofdarragh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by thewayofdarragh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:55 pm

Do you think she would need a tourist visa or could we likely enter Ireland showing our marriage cert and family permit?

Thanks again for your help

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am

No actually she doesn't need visa. She can enter with you with showing her Eea family permit and marriage certificate.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/no ... -family-eu

Chck this link.

But one small advise, I would not tell them that you are moving here in Ireland.
Just tell them that you are visiting but it is a long visit.

thewayofdarragh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by thewayofdarragh » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 am

Oh that's good to know. I may have more questions further as we get closer to the move if that's okay. You have been really helpful, I wish you a happy new year :) :)

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:42 am

My pleasure Sir.
I wish you too and your GF a great new year.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:17 pm

As you are an irish citizen i didn't think it would be possible to bring her to ireland to live unless you go down the surinder singh route, if this is the case i think she would need a uk residence card and for both of you to have been living in the uk for a certain time ie min 12 months, then as far as i know you can move your center of life to ireland to live. i think she can enter ireland with a uk family permit but not live there

Not sure how this will all work with brexit kicks in!

But maybe i'm wrong so check it out and see

All the best

thewayofdarragh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by thewayofdarragh » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks for your reply. We are about to apply for my wife's British residence card. Then we are planning to fly to Ireland. Do you think when we are in Ireland we could apply for permission to stay?

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:46 pm

I really don't know so i can't give you an answer, if your on facebook there is a group chat all about the ins and outs of the uk family permit it's worth joining as it can be helpfull,

btw i'm also irish and married to a Thai we are moving to Belfast next month on a uk family permit but eventually will move down to the republic but how long it will take who knows, all i know is after 3 years she will be entitled to an irish passport as she will have lived on the island of ireland with her irish spouse,

All the best.