ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thai girlfriend due to have our child soon. How do I get her to Ireland long-term?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

somtamthai
Newly Registered

Thai girlfriend due to have our child soon. How do I get her to Ireland long-term?

Post by somtamthai » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering what is the best route to attempt to bring my Thai girlfriend to live in Ireland? She is the mother of my soon-to-be-born daughter, who I will make an Irish passport for. We are not married.

The information online is confusing. For example, the RES3 Form (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-RES ... m-RES3.pdf) appears to show that it is possible to bring my partner on a C visitor visa and apply within Ireland for her to remain in the State on the basis of parentage of an Irish Citizen Child.

However, other sources state that she first needs a D long-stay visa, but there are certain financial stipulations on that visa that I cannot meet and neither can she. I've heard a way around this is to put our child as her sponsor.

I would really appreciate any advice or information on the most straightforward way to go about this.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ronan

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Thai girlfriend due to have our child soon. How do I get her to Ireland long-term?

Post by max307 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 pm

somtamthai wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi,

I was just wondering what is the best route to attempt to bring my Thai girlfriend to live in Ireland? She is the mother of my soon-to-be-born daughter, who I will make an Irish passport for. We are not married.

The information online is confusing. For example, the RES3 Form (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-RES ... m-RES3.pdf) appears to show that it is possible to bring my partner on a C visitor visa and apply within Ireland for her to remain in the State on the basis of parentage of an Irish Citizen Child.

However, other sources state that she first needs a D long-stay visa, but there are certain financial stipulations on that visa that I cannot meet and neither can she. I've heard a way around this is to put our child as her sponsor.

I would really appreciate any advice or information on the most straightforward way to go about this.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ronan
I was going through some of your previous post to get a bit of history. Are you legally married to the Thai citizen?

ireland/i-don-t-meet-the-40-000-income- ... 28541.html

1 - If you are legally married to the Thai citizen then follow the instructions in this link - http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

2 - If you are not legally married to the Thai citizen but have been living together for the past 2 years then follow the instructions in this link - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/De ... ationships

If you are not in any of the scenarios above I would recommend to get in touch with INIS directly, I'm not sure if INIS will change her status in Ireland while in a C visitor visa even if her child is an Irish citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Bippin
Malaysia

Re: Thai girlfriend due to have our child soon. How do I get her to Ireland long-term?

Post by Bippin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:05 am

Hi
I knew a few couples that spouses salary are far below the 40000 Euro per year requirement but still be able to brought their wives here to Ireland. One man working in Centra as staff and the other one working in a factory, so give yourself a chance and try . Best of luck.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Bippin wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:05 am
Hi
I knew a few couples that spouses salary are far below the 40000 Euro per year requirement but still be able to brought their wives here to Ireland. One man working in Centra as staff and the other one working in a factory, so give yourself a chance and try . Best of luck.
it's 40.000 Euro for 3 years not per year.