ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TD PQ

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AVISB
Newly Registered
India

TD PQ

Post by AVISB » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Folks,

What happens when you ask a TD to put a PQ to the Justice Minister? The responses received are quite generic unless the Dept. takes upon themselves to facilitate an early processing which I doubt.

Secondly, what happens if the Justice Minister happens to be your local TD as in my case!!!

Welcome your insights.

Cheers!

Missstamper
Ireland

Re: TD PQ

Post by Missstamper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Yea I wondered the same - the response is generic, does it help I don’t know...

Haha what are the odds - guessing your are in Laois consistency? You could use one of the two other TDs there?

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:08 am

I heard that every TD is paid to run a local office in their constituency, where they are supposed to listen to people's issues. As a constituent, you should raise your concern to your representative. Please book a clinic with the Minister by calling his local office (details below) and raise yours as well as concerns of everybody else here and let him know that how the department is treating people right under his nose. Either all this is under his own directions due to his anti-immigration policy or he needs to make his house in order while he has the powers to do so. Also, remember these times when you will vote as an Irish citizen in the general election.

Address:
Lismard Court
Portlaoise
Co. Laois
R32 KT32
Phone: 0578620232

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:08 am
I heard that every TD is paid to run a local office in their constituency, where they are supposed to listen to people's issues. As a constituent, you should raise your concern to your representative. Please book a clinic with the Minister by calling his local office (details below) and raise yours as well as concerns of everybody else here and let him know that how the department is treating people right under his nose. Either all this is under his own directions due to his anti-immigration policy or he needs to make his house in order while he has the powers to do so. Also, remember these times when you will vote as an Irish citizen in the general election.

Address:
Lismard Court
Portlaoise
Co. Laois
R32 KT32
Phone: 0578620232
An email to TD would work too or I have to book a clinic?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:15 am

I once contacted my local TD (Dublin city centre north) about a local matter via email, and received the initial response in a day. My TD actively contacted the local Garda and followed up with them and me a few times to get it resolved in a timely manner.

Not sure if all TD’s are like that though.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:15 am
I once contacted my local TD (Dublin city centre north) about a local matter via email, and received the initial response in a day. My TD actively contacted the local Garda and followed up with them and me a few times to get it resolved in a timely manner.

Not sure if all TD’s are like that though.
Woow. That sounds a great TD.
I. Will. Try to email my TD and let's see if I receive a response.

Thanks alot

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:29 pm

I contacted my TD via e-mail and he raised a written PQ with the minister. You can try searching for “citizenship” and “date posted” https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship you see it is quite common that TD’s raise PQ regarding citizenship and visas for people in general.

My guess is, let’s say, you get an answer today that yours is in final stage waiting for decision. If Minister is asked again in 3/6 months time, he will have to have moved on with your application as taking longer than 6 months just to decide on an application would look bad on the department. I was in final stage since April 2018 (2nd letter November 2017) and nothing had happened to my application.

After I e-mailed TD explaining my background, how long I had been waiting, that I never claimed any benefits and work full time bla bla - he raised the question and I got my approval a week later. However there is no guarantee it had anything to do with the TD but after raising the PQ question, the person who is dealing with your application would have to be contacted rather than the front team who don’t really have access to your application apart from what is shown on the system, so I am inclined to believe it helps to move your application a bit.