ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost of PR confirmation letter,what should I do?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bippin
Malaysia

Lost of PR confirmation letter,what should I do?

Post by Bippin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi
I knew it is so so stupid,but I lost a 10 years permanent resident confirmation letter ,I don’t know when and how as I thought I keep it a filling cabinet and secure lock at all time ,anyway what should I do about this letter? Do I have to reapply for a permanent resident again or I should try contact Inis EU treaty right and ask for a copy if they have one or just forget it and finger cross I will get a good result from naturalisation before my current visa expire on 2021 ? Anyone experienced this before? Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Lost of PR confirmation letter,what should I do?

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am

If you have permanent residence, you must have lived in Ireland for more than 5 years. Apply for citizenship ASAP if possible.

Regarding loss of important documents, the first step of losing any important documents (passport, permit letter, GNIB etc) is that you report to the local police station where your document is lost. Some departments may not require you to do that, but it gives you a quicker turnaround time as the loss is registered. Then you can submit that police report to the relevant department and take it from there.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi
Thank you ,I will certainly do as you recommend, I emailed EU treaty but haven’t get any replied , do you know which department I should contact about this letter ? As from what I read in this forum it seem take a very very long time for naturalisation to be finalised ,some said it took longer than 2 years just nervous my visa will expired before hand . Thank you very much. Regards.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Email: stamp5and6@justice.ie

Address:
Residence Unit 3,
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service,
13/14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2,
D02 XK70

Remember to have a photocopy of your passport page, your Stamp 5 page and your GNIB.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Actually, looking at the FAQ section of the website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements
It didn't say you need the original letter to renew your status. You will need to start a new application instead. That to me is more troublesome than applying for naturalisation...

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi
I read FAQ but I am not sure I fail to that category as I am currently reside in Ireland for a little over 5 years and stamp on my passport is EU4Fam and granted for 10 years permanent residence so I don’t know what is stamp 5 really

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:33 pm

But thank for your information sir,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Okay apologies that's a misunderstanding of terminology. When you say PR, I thought you were mentioning the permanent residence in your own rights.

If you are referring to the PR based on EU Treaty rights, yes you would have to contact the EU Treaty Rights department. They are quite slow but you can write to them which will force them to acknowledge your letter and give you a response (although that will also take ages).

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Bippin wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:11 pm
Hi
I knew it is so so stupid,but I lost a 10 years permanent resident confirmation letter ,I don’t know when and how as I thought I keep it a filling Spam and secure lock at all time ,anyway what should I do about this letter? Do I have to reapply for a permanent resident again or I should try contact Inis EU treaty right and ask for a copy if they have one or just forget it and finger cross I will get a good result from naturalisation before my current visa expire on 2021 ? Anyone experienced this before? Thank you.

Hello you need to email eu treaty rights department explanation about lost your PR letter
you need to write about your
Full Name
Person ID Number
Date of Birth
Home Address to. eutreatyrights@justice.ie

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:14 pm

I am sorry to confuse you :D :D yes ,maybe that is a best way to write to them in post so I can have a proof also,thank you once again,sir