ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

First time passport application

Post by mrrobot » Thu May 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi,
For those who got naturalised on Monday, have you already applied for a passport? If so, what does your An Post tracking says and can you already locate passport via tracking? I applied on the 1st of May (evening) at GPO, the application number still cannot be found in the database. Postage tracking says delivered in Balbriggan Post Office (I live and applied in Dublin).

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Re: First time passport application

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri May 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Yes, I applied too on May 1st and same reply via the Tracking System. Apparently they do not open your envelope for quite a few days. We should be able to see the progress on the system by end of next week, if lucky enough.

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri May 03, 2019 12:59 pm

UPDATE

Just got on an operator on the DFA chat to double-check and here's the answer:

"the application is here we are experiencing little difficulties with the tracker as your application moves to the next stage the tracker should update"

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi guys,

Do they hold your passport (proof of ID)? Do you know for how long?

Thank you

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri May 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Until they need to.

Usually they sent it back within the new passport.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Fri May 03, 2019 4:01 pm

I sent mine on the 30th. For the first 2 days it wouldnt appear in the system. Now it does and it gives me the 27th of May as delivery date.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri May 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Anira wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:01 pm
I sent mine on the 30th. For the first 2 days, it wouldnt appear in the system. Now it does and it gives me the 27th of May as the delivery date.
Exactly the same situation for me, applied on 30th and today it started to show on the tracker with an estimated date of delivery on 27th May. I wish Citizenship division could also implement a similar type of tracker for naturalisation applications with status updates and estimated completion time. If that was the case there would have been far fewer inquiry calls and emails to respond for them and I would have definitely less gray hair...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Fri May 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:31 pm
Anira wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:01 pm
I sent mine on the 30th. For the first 2 days, it wouldnt appear in the system. Now it does and it gives me the 27th of May as the delivery date.
Exactly the same situation for me, applied on 30th and today it started to show on the tracker with an estimated date of delivery on 27th May. I wish Citizenship division could also implement a similar type of tracker for naturalisation applications with status updates and estimated completion time. If that was the case there would have been far fewer inquiry calls and emails to respond for them and I would have definitely less gray hair...
Thats funny. I thought the same thing when I saw the estimated bar on the website. Thankfully this is 90% over. Just want my two passports back and to get on with life 😂

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Any craic?

My status bar keep showing 'application received' since May the 2nd.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 09, 2019 1:25 pm

I had a chat with DFA yesterday, as I wanted to apply for my Irish passport but I am travelling abroad for work every 4-5 weeks, so I need my current passport as well.

They said that the only reason they need the current passport is to maintain the integrity of the application. Once they receive your application, they will scan every page of the passport into their system. After that, they won't need this passport and we can request to have it returned.

They mentioned that it takes 2 weeks for them to start the scanning process and then another 2 weeks to have anything returned.

I am going to apply for the Irish passport next Monday and I'm going to include a letter along with my passport asking it to be returned as soon as the scan is complete. We'll see how soon I can get my current passport back...

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 pm

My EST just got delayed... it was 28/05/2019 up until this morning and now is 04/06/2019. :(

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:49 pm

thegoodaulleo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 pm
My EST just got delayed... it was 28/05/2019 up until this morning and now is 04/06/2019. :(
Hi thegoodaulleo,
can I ask when did you submit your application and since when you are able to track your application online, can you please let me know? I've submitted my application on 1st May and still cant track it online...it says "The application number entered does not exist in our database.".. I'm not able to reach them on both Webchat and Phone line..and the email support is only for emergencies i guess...

Regards.

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu May 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Spire01 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:49 pm
thegoodaulleo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 pm
Hi thegoodaulleo,
can I ask when did you submit your application and since when you are able to track your application online, can you please let me know? I've submitted my application on 1st May and still cant track it online...it says "The application number entered does not exist in our database.".. I'm not able to reach them on both Webchat and Phone line..and the email support is only for emergencies i guess...

Regards.
It's literally in the post above (anyway... application sent on 01/05, received 02/05 bu only able to track it since last week - go in touch with them via chat and they told me they have issues with the tracker and you are only able to start tracking in when it gets to the following step (opened) after it is received.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Applied on 29th April, estimated issue date is 27th May, do they send/post passport on the same day or take few more days to post after the issuance date?
In February booked travel flights for 1st June.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon May 13, 2019 7:47 am

Today it has changed from “your application has been received” to “application is being processed”. Which makes me think there is a 2 week backlog at the moment.

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Mon May 13, 2019 7:57 am

Anira wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:47 am
Today it has changed from “your application has been received” to “application is being processed”. Which makes me think there is a 2 week backlog at the moment.
Same here; it switched to "processing application". EST still 04/06.

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

Anira wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:47 am
Same for me. ETA 28.05

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks @thegoodaulleo, sorry didn't see the usernames on the earlier posts.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm

I applied on March 27th. My application was made in person at the Beijing embassy. It was available in the tracking system on the same day. The estimated issue date has always been May 15th. It has stated ‘processing application’ since the get go - no changes. I am not even vaguely optimistic that it will be printed or dispatched 2 days later.

Kadieerram
Ireland

Post by Kadieerram » Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 am

Hi Guys,
I have sent my application on 1st of May and now the tracking system shows "Your application is being processed" with the same estimation date 29/05/2019. Does anyone have any updates?
Thanks

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:12 am

My application has been in “processing application” for about 7 days now. ETA 04/06

Kadieerram
Ireland

Post by Kadieerram » Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea how long it should stay in the processing stage? and is this stage is the final one? Thanks

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 am

Kadieerram wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am
Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea how long it should stay in the processing stage? and is this stage is the final one? Thanks
Not at all xD

Stage 1 of 6: Your Application has been received and registered: Applications may remain at this stage for approx 4-6 working days.

Stage 2 of 6: Your documentation is being processed: Application form, submitted documents and photographs are scanned onto passport system for work at stages 3 and 4. This element of the process takes on average 4 working days.

Stage 3 of 6: Your Application is scheduled to be checked for Passport entitlement: Your passport application is currently being checked. This process can take up to 4 working days.

Stage 4 of 6: Your Passport has been Approved: Next stage is Passport Printed.

Stage 5 of 6: Your Passport has been Printed: Your passport will be posted in the next 2 working days by Passport Express. The production and posting stage takes about 2 working days.

Stage 6 of 6: Your new Passport is Ready for Collection, or

Stage 6 of 6: Your new Passport has been posted: Please consult the An Post Tracking System for more information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri May 17, 2019 11:55 am

I submitted my application this Monday via Passport Express.
I sent a written letter this Wednesday to request to have my other passport back as I need to travel abroad unexpectedly very soon.
I got my passport back in my letter box today (Friday).
The experience is not that bad as I thought.

The web chat is not helpful at all though and the estimated waiting time couldn't be less accurate.

I still cannot track my application even after I have received my other passport back. I was told that the scanning process will likely take place this afternoon. The tracking of the application will not appear until it's fully scanned (this has been confirmed by 3 different web chat agents).

That means, if you can see your application in the system, it means you are in stage 3 at least, where they are going to check with relevant authorities to see if your application is genuine and whether you are entitled to an Irish passport.

Kadieerram
Ireland

Post by Kadieerram » Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Wow very long process. I hope that they will be fast.
Thanks

thegoodaulleo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 am
Kadieerram wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am
Not at all xD

Stage 1 of 6: Your Application has been received and registered: Applications may remain at this stage for approx 4-6 working days.

Stage 2 of 6: Your documentation is being processed: Application form, submitted documents and photographs are scanned onto passport system for work at stages 3 and 4. This element of the process takes on average 4 working days.

Stage 3 of 6: Your Application is scheduled to be checked for Passport entitlement: Your passport application is currently being checked. This process can take up to 4 working days.

Stage 4 of 6: Your Passport has been Approved: Next stage is Passport Printed.

Stage 5 of 6: Your Passport has been Printed: Your passport will be posted in the next 2 working days by Passport Express. The production and posting stage takes about 2 working days.

Stage 6 of 6: Your new Passport is Ready for Collection, or

Stage 6 of 6: Your new Passport has been posted: Please consult the An Post Tracking System for more information.