ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working with UK Residence card in Cork, Ireland???

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Blacksea28
Turkey

Working with UK Residence card in Cork, Ireland???

Post by Blacksea28 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi all,

Anybody knows if it is possible to work with UK residence card(Pre settled EU settlement scheme residency) in Cork, Ireland? Or does it require any other application, permit, procedures?

I also have permanent residence permit/card issed by one of EU member state but not sure if it would have any impact

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Working with UK Residence card in Cork, Ireland???

Post by CR001 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:44 pm

No you cannot.

If you are an EU citizen, you can move and follow the process there.

If you are a non EU citizen and EEA FM, your EU citizen family must also move and you have to apply for a residency card there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 pm

No, because the Settled Status is not issued under EU law, but UK domestic law. Therefore it would not be recognised by other EEA member-states.

Even if you got a PR Card under the EEA Regulations/EU law, that would give you the right to reside in the UK (i.e. the issuing state), not the rest of the EU.

As CR001 has stated, if you are a non-EEA citizen, your EEA family member will need to move to Ireland and exercise treaty rights in that country for you to be able to be able to be resident there.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Thank you both, much appreciated

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 am

A person will have a right under the 2015 regulations in Ireland even without a Residence permit, as permit does not confer any rights only if the qualifying criteria are met can a right be established.

Uk residence card or settled permit or whatever they call it these days does not permit you any right in any member state.

You will need to apply for stamp 4-EU fam.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors