ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking Master Degree->Looking For a Job->Bringing My Family

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dkkb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Taking Master Degree->Looking For a Job->Bringing My Family

Post by dkkb » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 am

Hello ;

I'm planning to relocate to Ireland . The plan is I'm going to take a master degree and after finishing it I would ask for a work permit to look for a job . Then I'll be asking to bring my family .

The question is : How much time the step 3 usually takes ? Also Is there requirements for bringing family to Ireland ? Minimum Salary etc .

Thanks

joker
Ireland

Re: Taking Master Degree->Looking For a Job->Bringing My Family

Post by joker » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:57 am

Why Ireland?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:26 am

You obviously don't know how the post grad study and work permit system work in Ireland. Instead of wasting yourself a year and a lot of money, please do a bit research first.

First of all, you don't enrol in a master degree course in order to get a job. That simply doesn't work for a non-EU student who has never lived in Ireland before. Most 'white-collar' companies would prefer anyone who has at least studied for a 3-4 years' undergraduate course as they have more knowledge of how Ireland works. Also your English won't improve drastically in just one year either. If you want to get a job here, just do some search online and apply for them right away.
Secondly, you don't apply for a work permit to be able to look for a job. You get a job offer first, before you can apply for a work permit. There are different work permits, which require different degrees, certifications, job types, salaries etc. Only one work permit type allows family reunification, and that will depend on you having a salary that you can support your whole family (which can be difficult for a newbie in main cities here).
Lastly, as joker said, why Ireland? You don't seem to know anything about Ireland at all. Also, what do you want to study? Why do you want to study in this field? What is your undergraduate degree? Do you want to get a degree just to get a job? Do you want to get a job just so that you can bring your family over? Have you looked at the different categories of work permit? Do you know the requirements for getting a work permit in that category?

dkkb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by dkkb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:12 am

Hello @joker , @littlerr , Thanks for your replies !

The situation is complicated , I want to go with my family to Europe in order to obtain the citizenship . We are originally from a country which has a war and we definitely can't return back .

This is one of the ways available for me , sure I prefer to go all together , however I guess its very hard unless I got a sponsored job offer .

Why Ireland ? European English speaking country . It has a promising IT job market .
I tried to apply for jobs overseas , Most of my applications were ignored . Some of the employers replied that I should be inside the EU , they don't want to pay for sponsorship .

I've a bachelor degree in IT related field , I'm planning to apply for master of Data Science or so .

I've no idea about the work permit system in IE , That's why I'm here .

Thanks .

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:53 am

Hi,

It is going to be a lengthy process, but you can do it. Based on your graduation degree and having enough score in IELTS, you will be eligible to apply for the master's program in any good university in Ireland. Will cost you around 15-20K for fees etc (depending on your university) and living expenses for a year. During that year you can work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Once you successfully complete your master's degree, you can obtain Stamp 1G which is for two years. This is the time given to successful graduates to find a job in Ireland after finishing their studies. As soon as you find the job, you can switch to the appropriate stamp (stamp 1) and be eligible to reunite with your family, again depending on your salary but mostly masters degree holders salaries in IT are above the minimum salary requirements. Family reunification visa is usually 4-8 months long process and it will be only for your direct family e.g. spouse and kids.

An alternative would be if you get a scholarship for masters in research, then in most cases, you can bring along your family from day one. But scholarships are very competitive.

Also, I believe for the upcoming batch of masters program starting from October 2019, most of the universities have very early deadlines, particularly for the international students. So, you are talking about starting in September 2020.

dkkb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by dkkb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 am

Hi @Paddy_Leprechaun ;

Thanks for your valuable reply . This is exactly the sequence I'm planning to follow . BTW I already got an admission from a university to do my master . My last question : How much the minimum amount of salary should I get in order to bring my family ?

Thanks .

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 am

If you are planning to work in the ICT sector, the minimum requirement is 30K in order to obtain a critical skills work permit. This work permit will in turn allow your family to come here.

Depending on the size of your family, 30K might be difficult to support the whole family though, especially when the housing here is very expensive,

dkkb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by dkkb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:30 am

@littlerr : Thanks ! . As a conclusion , the plan might take one and half year or more , is it right ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 am

1.5 years are the absolute minimum. It can be achieved if and only if you are the top of your class, you have great English skills and you have relevant working experiences (but then you will want to apply for jobs right away without spending a year in college).

Once you graduate, you need to apply for Graduate scheme. This allows you to work in Ireland for 2 years. Most employers won’t apply for work permits for you for at least the first 6-12 months because there is a probation period.

Also most companies that participate in graduate scheme have a start date in autumn. This means, if you get a graduate job offer after you graduate, it’s likely that you won’t be able to start working until the next year.

So this will add another 1.5 years on top of your 1.5 years.

If you wish to reunite with your family ASAP, you need to start looking for a proper part-time job in the industry when you arrive in Ireland, and hope that they will keep you as a permanent employee when you graduate. You can’t wait till you graduate. Many companies recruit part-time college students (mine included) and we do keep around 30%-50% of them when they graduate. If they are non-EU students we apply for work permits for them once they have their final exam results available.

dkkb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by dkkb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:22 am

@littlerr . Thanks for raising up this point , I'll definitely try to find a job from the first moment .