ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court rules "continuous residence" means you CANNOT LEAVE IRELAND AT ALL for year before application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Court rules "continuous residence" means you CANNOT LEAVE IRELAND AT ALL for year before application

Post by littlerr » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:50 am

Smaller ceremonies can be anywhere. This year it was in Galway. As you have mentioned, there were ones in Dublin and Limerick as well.

I would expect them to have a big ceremony - either in Killarney as usual, or in Dublin considering the majority of applicants either live in Dublin or have better public transport access to Dublin than to Kerry. They have quite a large number of applications ready for sign off anyway. Two weeks for approval letters and two weeks for invitations.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Court rules "continuous residence" means you CANNOT LEAVE IRELAND AT ALL for year before application

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:50 am

I got a reply today after 3 weeks stating :oops: :

"Application is being prepared for submission to the Minister, you will be informed of the Ministers decision
as expeditiously as possible" :)

Is this ahead of 2nd stage :?: And any chance for me to be part of next citizenship ceremony?

Thank you 8)

luckyfish1985
India

Post by luckyfish1985 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:32 am

@masterboy123

If you don't mind, can you please let me know when did you submitted the application ?

Thanks

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:44 am

In first week of March 2019
luckyfish1985 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:32 am
@masterboy123

If you don't mind, can you please let me know when did you submitted the application ?

Thanks

Phaedra
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Phaedra » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Just incase anyone is under the misapprehension this would be a small ceremony. I believe there are like 2000 of us who have been given final approval, handed in our GNIBs and have literally only been awaiting the ceramony for awhile. Since before the whole drama started.

I say this only to allay any doubt. I hesitate to think this would be a small ceremony so I think bigger venues will probably be chosen. Unless I am missing something?

I would have hoped they had invitation and arrangements prepared as a contingent incase this ruling went in this direction. An eventuality many predicted.

But i guess let's see. Goodluck everyone and please do let us know if anyone gets a confirmation of location. :D

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:44 pm

mrrobot wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:39 pm
There might be around 200 ppl with approvals already, so there might be a small ceremony for them.
Phaedra wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:41 pm
I hesitate to think this would be a small ceremony so I think bigger venues will probably be chosen. Unless I am missing something?.
littlerr wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:50 am
I would expect them to have a big ceremony - either in Killarney as usual, or in Dublin considering the majority of applicants either live in Dublin or have better public transport access to Dublin than to Kerry.
Omad24 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:38 pm
There are approx 20,000 people. I think the figure 200 is too low. This board hasn’t seen much action since 2017. So that number is much higher. Their was suppose to be a ceremony in September so I think theres much more people.
markem wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:07 pm
I know from experience that the bigger the event, the harder it is to organise. So they might try to meet the Minister's expectation by having a smaller one.
One thing is for certain... we can't all be right! :lol:
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

botabo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by botabo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:01 pm

"I have now asked my officials to do everything possible to organise a Citizenship Ceremony to take place in December."

Small or big, I would like to be optimistic and wish for the ceremony to take place in December. However, if my calculations are correct, I don't know if this will actually happen.
So far ceremonies have taken place on a Monday.
If they keep doing it this way, the only Monday remaining before Xmas is December 18th. Giving the 4 week notice, that means that the letter has to arrive on Monday 18th.
The only other option is that they do a ceremony in the middle of the week allowing a couple of more days for printing and sending invitations, or again in the middle of the week between Xmas and new year's, but I somehow doubt about it.
The last option is "officials will do everything IMpossible to organize the ceremony" 8)

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm

September’s aborted ceremony was scheduled for Friday 30th. Which puts Friday 20th December in play (kiboshing multiple Christmas do’s but otherwise doable).

I agree though, if December is to happen letters must issue this week.

botabo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by botabo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:03 pm

eraylankester wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm
September’s aborted ceremony was scheduled for Friday 30th. Which puts Friday 20th December in play (kiboshing multiple Christmas do’s but otherwise doable).

September 30th was a Monday. The ceremony that was cancelled was supposed to be on Monday September 30th.

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 pm

Perhaps they still kept the original 9th of Dec booking of the venue and will do the ceremony on that day?

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:35 pm

mrrobot wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 pm
Perhaps they still kept the original 9th of Dec booking of the venue and will do the ceremony on that day?
I agree

I wouldn’t empathize the 4 week notice. Also they may not announce it. Or they already have their list

This is still the very unpredictable department. People have been given 3 days notice so anything is possible

Hopefully we’ll get some action this week

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:29 pm

botabo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:03 pm
eraylankester wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm

September 30th was a Monday. The ceremony that was cancelled was supposed to be on Monday September 30th.
I stand corrected. That said, this past June’s ceremony was on a Friday.

Anytime before Christmas week is possible. It depends on how many approvals are needed to make up the numbers. If they have sufficient bums on seats already, or near enough, then only invites will be required, which could be issued on Monday (if a date and venue has been arranged).

Phaedra
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Phaedra » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 am

So not sure if others know something we don't or if this is just everyone's best guess - but if I am looking at the trends of booking at Killarney hotels I would say most people are putting their money on Friday the 20th of Dec for the ceremony - as its currently becoming challenging to book for anywhere between the 19th and the 21st near the convention center.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Phaedra wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 am
So not sure if others know something we don't or if this is just everyone's best guess as its currently becoming challenging to book for anywhere between the 19th and the 21st near the convention center.
I dont think hotels booked at this time is related to citizenship ceremony its too early as the minister needs to meet with his teams to organise things, personally I think there will be a December ceremony as many has already approved.I think the minister feels the difficult time applicatns suffered and he will challenge to have a big ceremony in December and another February/March and April/May ones.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Taken from: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... ceremonies
Next ceremony

Further ceremonies are due to take place during 2019 at the Killarney Convention Centre, Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Prior to the judgement, it merely mentioned further ceremonies were planned and didn’t mention the conv center in Killarney post the disaster in June/July.

Watchful waiting in order. Applied in June and haven’t received my second stage letter yet. Hoping for a miracle soon (maybe the next batch in March? :)

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:49 pm

I applied at the begining of March of this year. In july i received second stage letter. Since then deep silence. Hope that correspondence preceeding after second stage letter i will get soon.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Admin can you please close this thread as the court rulling issue is resolved last week.