ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen living in Ireland joined by non-EU family member - C visa and EU1 card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

madakaczka
Newly Registered
Poland

EU citizen living in Ireland joined by non-EU family member - C visa and EU1 card

Post by madakaczka » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:23 am

Hi All,

Glad to have found this forum and hopefully I will be able to get some things clear.

Just before we start I want to mention that I have read literally every possible link on the inis.gov.ie. but some things are still unclear to me. Anyway, let's get started.

I am a Polish citizen currently living in Poland. I have lived in Ireland between 2006-2018 and got education from University of Limerick in Engineering. I came back to Poland in May 2018 after graduation to train as air traffic controller but the training didn't go as planned and now I got a job offer from a company I did an internship with before in Ireland. As you can assume I am planning to come back to Ireland. My salary would be around 32k and it would be a 2 year contract.

While I was in Poland I met a girl from Turkey. We are together 1 year and were planning to marry around November/December time. The plan was for me to go to Ireland around the beginning of September while she would then join me in Ireland around February but because she holds a temporary resident card in Poland (do not confuse it with EU Family Member Card) she cannot apply for the EU Family Membership Card if we got married in Poland.

Assuming we married in November/December and she then wanted to join me around February time (February due to her college modules) would it be possible for her to apply a short stay visa (C visa to join a family member) and while she is in Ireland apply for a EU1 (EU Family Member Resident Card)?

I hope I got my query clear enough for you to understand. There is just an overload of information and sometimes I just get confused, so that's why I am writing here.

Best Regards

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Re: EU citizen living in Ireland joined by non-EU family member - C visa and EU1 card

Post by blastbass » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 am

Hello there,

so you're esentially on the right path from what I've picked up from your post. Been through the visa process with my wife myself just recently. One thing which might come in handy is to have a residential address in Poland until you get married for the polish authorities in terms of marriage.

The type of the residence title for your fiance does only matter to the irish embassy in Poland to validate that she can legally apply from that embassy. Just make sure it's valid until she leaves Poland for Ireland.

The visa process itself can be tough and I'm speaking from experience here. What I submitted there after the first visa refusal was the following:

- Her Passport
- Her residence card for Austria
- Copy of my passport (EU Citizen)
- Letter of invitation
- Letter of application
- Work Contract
- Recent Letter from my employer confirming that I'm working there
- 3 recent payslips
- Utility Bills (essential make sure you have them)
- Rental Agreement
- RTB Letter
- Copy of my PPS Card
- Bank statements for 3 months
- Letter from my landlord confirming I am renting
- Photos of me and my wife traveling together

For the EU1 Card we're currently on it so probably I'm able to help more when you actually apply for it.