ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September Citizenship Ceremony 2019

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yadedeyesika
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Re: September Citizenship Ceremony 2019

Post by Yadedeyesika » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Today is Thursday. Is there any got the chance to speak with them on their helpline?

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Yadedeyesika wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:39 pm
Today is Thursday. Is there any got the chance to speak with them on their helpline?
Calls are from 10 to 12:30pm. So time finished already

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Try applying with your current passport and show them a copy of the ‘approval’ letter requesting your GNIB card + proof of payment + proof of sending them the info (+ proof of receipt).
I tried. They don’t care

All the agencies do not work together. People always get stuck in the middle. I know people who’s benefits got cut off or can not continue working because of the citizenship department. It’s very sad honestly

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Omad24 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
Try applying with your current passport and show them a copy of the ‘approval’ letter requesting your GNIB card + proof of payment + proof of sending them the info (+ proof of receipt).
I tried. They don’t care

All the agencies do not work together. People always get stuck in the middle. I know people who’s benefits got cut off or can not continue working because of the citizenship department. It’s very sad honestly
You can request them to send your GNIB card back. It takes a few days at most.
My colleague who got approval last September but only attended ceremony this April requested for his GNIB card back in order to travel abroad during Christmas (even though it is not a requirement to have that).

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:36 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:25 pm
Omad24 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
I tried. They don’t care

You can request them to send your GNIB card back. It takes a few days at most.
My colleague who got approval last September but only attended ceremony this April requested for his GNIB card back in order to travel abroad during Christmas (even though it is not a requirement to have that).
I don’t want to take a chance with this department. Your buddy may have been lucky, but I know peoples who’s passport been lost and they have to get a new one, who’s documents been missing because of them

My friend called and ask the status of his citizenship, they sent a letter few days later saying he was given a letter of approval and didnt send in the fees and missed two ceremonies, all of which is a lie, he was told to pay more for fees and was told this was his last chance

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:31 am

Just cancelled my hotel bookings for the ceremony...sad but thats what it looks as of now !

I am travelling in dec so hope they don't have any ceremonies in nov/dec else it would be a real pain...

All plans based on sep end ceremony down the bin !!

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:19 am

Nre123 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:31 am
Just cancelled my hotel bookings for the ceremony...sad but thats what it looks as of now !

I am travelling in dec so hope they don't have any ceremonies in nov/dec else it would be a real pain...

All plans based on sep end ceremony down the bin !!
I also have a plan to travel in December holidays and it can be only possible if we get ceremony by the end of October. Then it will take 5 weeks to get new passport. Currently have no idea if this is possible or no.

botabo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by botabo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 am

eraylankester wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:49 am
Phaedra wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 am
So, does anyone have a best guess based on something solid for A. Where the next ceremony will be (I mean they have been held in other locations too) and B. When?

Or do we just wait for an invitation and see at this point?
It depends on how long it takes for the new bill to become law.

On the Dail website you can see some timeline examples. As this will be an urgent Govt bill it wil skip the consultation process and could pass immediately, subject to amendments. It’s not a contentious issue and will likely be waived through, as most of the discussion around time limits etc will have taken place beforehand.

Then the bill must be ratified in the senate. The website has examples of this process taking place over 2-3 days. It then is signed off by the President, which usually takes a week, but as this is a formality I would imagine they will begin preparations as soon as it clears the senate.

It really depends on when they introduce the bill. I would imagine they will want the amendment in place before the original case returns to the high court on October 8, which could place the ceremony at the end of October/early November.

But we will need to keep a close eye on Dail proceedings next week - the sooner the bill is scheduled, the sooner the ceremony.
Thank you for your explanation. It makes the process more understandable.
Could we say that the D-day at the moment is September 17th?

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:28 pm

botabo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 am
Thank you for your explanation. It makes the process more understandable.
Could we say that the D-day at the moment is September 17th?
It looks like date are gone for ceremonies for this year after update on the11th of September.
I would say September one will be postponed but hopefully we will still have 2 ceremonies this year.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... ceremonies

azure2uk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by azure2uk » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi,

I applied for Irish Naturalisation on Sep 2017. Received my passport back with acknowledgment letter in January 2018.
I've emailed a lot of times but the same response your application is currently for processing.
So, I am worried about my application processing time.
Also,Do I need to post my up-to-date full licence copy,New GNIB card copy and this year 2019 P60 again?

Please advice.

Greed card (2 years)+ 3 Years Stamp 4
Application Made:- Sep 2017
Acknowledgment Letter:- 1st of Oct 2017
Passport received back:- 1st week of Jan 2018
Send Statutory Declaration Form for Signed and Send back: end of Jan 2018
Processing Team 2 letter received in Feb 2018
Approval:- Awaiting

Many thanks

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:08 pm

azure2uk wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:49 pm
Hi,

I applied for Irish Naturalisation on Sep 2017. Received my passport back with acknowledgment letter in January 2018.
I've emailed a lot of times but the same response your application is currently for processing.
So, I am worried about my application processing time.
Also,Do I need to post my up-to-date full licence copy,New GNIB card copy and this year 2019 P60 again?

Please advice.

Greed card (2 years)+ 3 Years Stamp 4
Application Made:- Sep 2017
Acknowledgment Letter:- 1st of Oct 2017
Passport received back:- 1st week of Jan 2018
Send Statutory Declaration Form for Signed and Send back: end of Jan 2018
Processing Team 2 letter received in Feb 2018
Approval:- Awaiting

Many thanks
Its good if you have the document just send them a copy.

You can call them on tuesday and thursday and also ask your TD to find your application status.

azure2uk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by azure2uk » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks annelrahim for the quick response.
Sure,I will post them my updated document.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:44 pm

I see the schedule of Dail but there is nothing for court ruling in this week

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/dail-sched ... 2019-09-17

Bornbeautiful
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Bornbeautiful » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 pm

I applied for Citizenship in October 2018 as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen, having lived in Northern Ireland for 26 years and being married for 25 years. The Irish lawyer, who helped us with my Application, told us it would be straightforward. My Application went to the Second Stage in early July 2019. So far no letter of Approval asking me for payment. I had so hoped to become Irish before Brexit. Doesn’t look like that is going to happen now. One previous post scared me a bit. The one about INIS claiming, they had sent letters of Approval and were waiting for payment but the Applicant had never received the letters. I have so far not phoned INIS to enquire about my Application, because I thought we were not supposed to do that. Now I am not sure what to do. Should I just wait and see what happens, or should I try to contact them? I work at a school, which really makes it difficult to make phone calls at certain times. Is it worth sending them an e-mail? Would they even reply to that? Or is a phone call definitely better?

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 pm

aneelrahim wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Yeah, it may be raised in a question, but looks like it’s previous business/Brexit this week. Only sits for three days too - how do TD’s earn their money?

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:45 am

Bornbeautiful wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 pm
I applied for Citizenship in October 2018 as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen, having lived in Northern Ireland for 26 years and being married for 25 years. The Irish lawyer, who helped us with my Application, told us it would be straightforward. My Application went to the Second Stage in early July 2019. So far no letter of Approval asking me for payment. I had so hoped to become Irish before Brexit. Doesn’t look like that is going to happen now. One previous post scared me a bit. The one about INIS claiming, they had sent letters of Approval and were waiting for payment but the Applicant had never received the letters. I have so far not phoned INIS to enquire about my Application, because I thought we were not supposed to do that. Now I am not sure what to do. Should I just wait and see what happens, or should I try to contact them? I work at a school, which really makes it difficult to make phone calls at certain times. Is it worth sending them an e-mail? Would they even reply to that? Or is a phone call definitely better?
The best thing is to call them. If they send you approval it should be in their system.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:09 am

aneelrahim wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Just tells how lazy INIS are - A lot of people have postponed their holidays because of this (including myself).

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:26 am

I wouldn’t panic just yet. But if no mention is made by the start of October, then it’s goodnight for a late October/early November ceremony:(

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 pm

They found the perfect reason to delay everything. They have over 15000 applications pending. Most 2019 applicants haven’t even received a application number so they can slow down on people calling or emailing about their application

I just pray that they get it together. People are left in limbo because of this citizenship department.

irishsaint
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by irishsaint » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:00 pm

It makes no sense to slow the process down even further....
Maybe that's why we're not in politics.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 pm

I got an email reply (after a gap of 4 weeks) that my application is in advanced stage now. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards
Citizenship Helpdesk

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 pm
I got an email reply (after a gap of 4 weeks) that my application is in advanced stage now. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards
Citizenship Helpdesk
Oh great! :)
Would you mind sharing your timeline, please?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 am

Application Based On: Non-EU (Visa C + Stamp 4 EUFAM)
Applied On: 14 Febuary 2019
Application received On: 15 febuary 2019
Acknowledgement and Second letter: 11 March 2019. Requesting police clearance certificate.
Awaiting On Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

Email below that it's in advanced stage: 16 September 2019.
Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Regards
Citizenship Helpdesk
Oh great! :)
Would you mind sharing your timeline, please?

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Parliamentary Question
Tuesday, 17 September 2019
Questions (297)

297. Deputy Denis Naughten asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the steps he is taking to resolve the uncertainty that has arisen regarding the naturalisation process; when the matter will be resolved; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [37584/19]

Answer

I am aware that the recent judgment of the High Court relating to continuous residency under Section 15(1)(c) of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956 (as amended) has given cause for concern. The matter remains before the courts with the lodgement of an appeal before the Court of Appeal and is therefore sub-judice.

I can, however, assure the Deputy that my Department is doing everything possible to put in place a solution on an urgent basis. I have taken expert legal advice and I intend to introduce legislation to address the issue. At the end of July, I obtained Cabinet approval for a proposed Bill and intensive work is taking place in my Department where officials are working with the Office of Parliamentary Counsel in the Attorney General's Office to finalise the draft Bill.

I intend to introduce the Bill in the Oireachtas as soon as the Houses return to session. I know that colleagues of all parties are concerned with the difficulty that has arisen and I am hopeful that the Oireachtas will give the Bill early and positive consideration.

As soon as the Bill becomes law, my officials will make all necessary arrangements for the next Citizenship Ceremony. Invitations will issue at least four weeks in advance of the ceremony to ensure everyone has adequate notice.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 97/#pq_297

saleamcrown
Ireland

Post by saleamcrown » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:20 pm

aneelrahim wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:43 pm
Parliamentary Question
Tuesday, 17 September 2019
Questions (297)

297. Deputy Denis Naughten asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the steps he is taking to resolve the uncertainty that has arisen regarding the naturalisation process; when the matter will be resolved; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [37584/19]

Answer

I am aware that the recent judgment of the High Court relating to continuous residency under Section 15(1)(c) of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956 (as amended) has given cause for concern. The matter remains before the courts with the lodgement of an appeal before the Court of Appeal and is therefore sub-judice.

I can, however, assure the Deputy that my Department is doing everything possible to put in place a solution on an urgent basis. I have taken expert legal advice and I intend to introduce legislation to address the issue. At the end of July, I obtained Spam approval for a proposed Bill and intensive work is taking place in my Department where officials are working with the Office of Parliamentary Counsel in the Attorney General's Office to finalise the draft Bill.

I intend to introduce the Bill in the Oireachtas as soon as the Houses return to session. I know that colleagues of all parties are concerned with the difficulty that has arisen and I am hopeful that the Oireachtas will give the Bill early and positive consideration.

As soon as the Bill becomes law, my officials will make all necessary arrangements for the next Citizenship Ceremony. Invitations will issue at least four weeks in advance of the ceremony to ensure everyone has adequate notice.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 97/#pq_297
If you know when the Houses return to session