ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Andy02
Newly Registered

Stage 2?

Post by Andy02 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 am

Hi,

I received the following letter in Sept 2018. Please can anyone can help me understand if it’s a stage 2 letter or not?

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.

I acknowledge receipt of your correspondence received in this Office.

As you do not meet the residency requirements your application is being processed on your Irish Association with a view to submitting your application to the Minister for decision.

If further documentation and/clarification of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

macdre55
Ireland

Re: Stage 2?

Post by macdre55 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes it is,i could similar when i applied through irish associate but it takes very longtime and they approve you when you are close to 5yrs mostly

Andy02
Newly Registered

Post by Andy02 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:57 am

Hi Macdre55,

That’s good to know im at stage 2 as the letter wasn’t very clear.

You said that people applying through Irish association are normally approved when they’re close to 5 years. Is that 5 years of waiting for them to make a decision from the date of applying or myself being close to 5 years of residency in Ireland?

Thanks again

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:10 am

Stage 2 letters are explicitly spelled out “your application has been moved onto the second stage”. I can’t see why it is a second stage letter especially when it says you don’t satisfy the residency requirements.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 am

The process might be slightly different for Irish Associations so there may not be the exact same stages. But littlerr is right... second stage letters clearly say "second stage".

Out of interest, what is your timeline? When did you apply, and on what basis? Did you think you had sufficient residency?
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016