ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply permanent card early?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npayne27

Rebuilding Ireland Buying a house scheme help

Post by npayne27 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi all, has anyone been able to buy a house with the rebuilding Ireland government mortgage if your EU spouse has indefinite leave to remain but your non eu has a stamp 4? My husband will qualify for permanent residence in 2 years, but we were hoping to buy a house soon as our rent is crazy, but where we live, banks might not give us full amount of mortgage we need because our combined income is not enough.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Rebuilding Ireland Buying a house scheme help

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:30 pm

the eligibility criteria don't mention anything about immigration status:

http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/eligibility/

But the application form indicates:

6. Have an indefinite right to remain in Ireland either through nationality or refugee status

Check page 2:
http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/upl ... 202018.pdf

As mortgage is a commitment over decades, most lender won't consider someone with a limited leave in the country. They well know that whatever the limited residence you have, there is no guarantee that it will become a permanent residence one day.

If you are not a refugee, I am afraid they need to see an Irish passport. The permanent residence is not mentioned but try to give them a call to see if they would accept your spouse as EEA with permanent residence.

npayne27

Can we apply permanent card early?

Post by npayne27 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I might be mistaken, i think I read it i. The regulations a couple years ago but can a spouse of eu who has a 5 year residence card apply for the permanent one earlier than the 5 years? We want yo buy a house, but not sure if Rebuilding Ireland scheme will accept my husbands stamp 4, even though the banks do. Their requirements on the website say no, but in application form it says something like they need to have indefinite leave to remain. Does a stamp 4 5 years residence card qualify for that?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can we apply permanent card early?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:41 pm

npayne27 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm
Hi all,

I might be mistaken, i think I read it i. The regulations a couple years ago but can a spouse of eu who has a 5 year residence card apply for the permanent one earlier than the 5 years? We want yo buy a house, but not sure if Rebuilding Ireland scheme will accept my husbands stamp 4, even though the banks do. Their requirements on the website say no, but in application form it says something like they need to have indefinite leave to remain. Does a stamp 4 5 years residence card qualify for that?

Regards
Have you contacted Rebuilding ireland on the phone to get a definitive answer? Sometimes nothing beats talking to a real person on the phone.

Good Luck

npayne27

Post by npayne27 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:11 am

Hi!

Yes I did, they said because he is my husband and he is under EU Treaty Rights, we can apply. He doesn't need to have permanent residency first. We need to wait a year or two to apply though, just to save the rest of the deposit and make sure we have a good yearly income to increase the chances of getting a better mortgage as houses here are more expensive. I just wish the government would help those who clearly can pay the repayments but because of rent prices, find it difficult to save the deposit for a mortgage! Hopefully they will soon.