ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Monday 9 December Ceremony & Stormy Weather

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eraylankester

Monday 9 December Ceremony & Stormy Weather

Post by eraylankester » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:33 am

In the absence of the main ceremony thread, I’m wondering what impact, if any, the current Orange weather alert will have on Monday’s ceremony?

Sunday is to be the worst day of the oncoming storm, with Kerry to be one of the worst hit counties. Should be clear by Monday morning, but given the distance lots of people will be travelling and staying over on Sunday night.

Is there any likelihood of cancellation as per 2017? Or was that an exceptional decision? We are travelling from NI by rail on Sunday, Having to delay, at considerable expense following a last minute decision would be just heartbreaking, especially after all the previous drama...

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Monday 9 December Ceremony & Stormy Weather

Post by markem » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:05 am

The 2017 postponement was due to Storm Ophelia. There was a national status Red warning in place and pretty much all public services and workplaces were closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Ophelia_(2017)
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:12 pm

It is red warning from 4 to 7pm today.
I am in hotel in killarney

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Me too, but the weather alerts are over from 6AM. Most people travel on the day so I don’t think there will be a problem. The trains are going slowly but haven’t been cancelled.

I HOPE lol

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 am

Does anyone know if there are photos taken of us that shared somewhere? I know there is spam_do_not_click_here video but it's only displaying the stage and not people. I believe there must be some photographers or anyone who took photos of the whole thing :)

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:25 pm

There was live spam_do_not_click_here of ceremony on inis website. I don’t know if the video is still available just check their website