ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU family memebers application after 31 Jan 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mnad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Non EU family memebers application after 31 Jan 2020

Post by mnad » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi all
I m British citizen and registered in Ireland in Oct 2019 for PPS number ...
Now I m planing to move and work there in Ireland .
Can I apply in Ireland for my brother under Non Eu family member after 31 jan 2020 ...?

If yes plz tell till what date I can apply ? Also plz can anybody share the list of documents I need

Thankx

mnad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Non EU family memebers application after 31 Jan 2020

Post by mnad » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Plz reply any member who got knowledge about query...
Much appreciated Thankx

bsgswamy
Newly Registered
India

Post by bsgswamy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 pm

You cannot apply for your Brother unless he come to Ireland on Stamp1( work Visa)

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:01 am

You can apply as there are no changes during the Brexit transition period, but you won't get an EUTR visa for your brother.

mnad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mnad » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi Thankx for reply

If I apply student visa of my brother in Ireland ..if he is able to get student visa in Ireland then after can I use my treaty right for my brother in Ireland
Thankx

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:55 am

mnad wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:51 pm
Hi Thankx for reply

If I apply student visa of my brother in Ireland ..if he is able to get student visa in Ireland then after can I use my treaty right for my brother in Ireland
Thankx
I would not advise you going down the route of student visa for your brother in order to then apply for the EUFAM.

In your case, the brother has to be dependent on you financially (amongst other) in order to benefit from the Treaty Right unless there are other exceptional circumstances that you can use. Because he is not an immediate family member (I.e. parents, spouse or children are) it would be more difficult to be granted the EUFAM (read other posts in this forum).

Similarly if your brother is to apply for a student visa he has to fulfil the financial requirements to afford paying for his studies here.
If you were to be his guarantor for the student visa, this could stand against him and subsequently be refused the student visa.

If your brother independently proves he can financially afford to study in Ireland then almost automatically if you were to apply for the EUFAM afterwards he will highly likely be refused.

All the best