ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 vs Checklist Requirements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

apolaki
Newly Registered
Philippines

Form 8 vs Checklist Requirements

Post by apolaki » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi,

Has anyone applied for citizenship by naturalisation in the last few weeks? I am to apply but not too keen on sending my documents (fully compliant with the Form 8 - pages 1 to 8 list of requirements) as the checklist they now require to go with the application form seems to create some confusion. To note, the discrepancies I noted between the two are:

1. Checklist (CL): A copy of the biometric page of your in-date passport and all used pages
Form 8 (F8): only the biometric page of the passport (page 2)

2. CL: A certified copy of all passports held from date of your arrival into the State including biometric page and all pages containing immigration and permission stamps
F8: the original copy of any previous passports valid during periods of residence in the State, together with a photocopy of the biometric page (page 2) - note it doesn't require a certified copy here.

3. CL: A certified copy of current in-date Irish Residence Permit (IRP) Card / Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) Card
F8: A copy of your current Immigration Registration Card..... (page 2) - again, not requiring a certified copy

4. CL: An original Criminal Reference Certificate from all countries that you have resided in for more than 6 months
F8: No requirement in the form to provide this (pages 1 to 8 ) - correct me if I am wrong but I believe it was not specifically asked anywhere in the form.

Other concerns:
5. CL: A certified copy of document used for identification by witness on statutory declaration (if applicable) - I believe this is the passport. Why is there a need to have it certified when you are sending an original copy to them?

6. CL: A copy of permission to remain letters issued by INIS - Not sure if these are equivalent to the stamps we get in the passport when registering for the first time and every time we are renewing with INIS? This is also not specifically included in the application form requirements (pages 1 to 8 ).

Sorry for the long post. Just checking if someone actually have the answers. Tried sending e-mails to them twice but no replies to date. Might try to call them tomorrow to have these clarified. Hope they pick up.

Stanina
Ireland

Re: Form 8 vs Checklist Requirements

Post by Stanina » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:06 pm

I have certified all the copies that I've sent in 2018. Just in case, it was same price not depending on number of Docs.

apolaki
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by apolaki » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:11 am

Good to know, think I'll have to do the certification as stated in the checklist.

Although I think they should still update the form itself to include the specific requirements they listed in the checklist. This will surely avoid confusion.

I've also rung them but my calls were not picked up, so I made the decision to follow the (additional) requirements in the checklist to be on the safe side. The police certificate is making it difficult at the moment (used to stay in Kuwait for 10 months), so I decided to hold off on my application for now.

TropicalTornado
Mood:
Iraq

Post by TropicalTornado » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm

It seems like they have removed the Checklist document from the irishimmigration.ie website. Am I right?

The name of the Checklist file was:
Checklist-to-complete-with-citizenship-form-8-application.pdf