ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transit through UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Urgent! urgent ! Spouse of EU national entry in irealand due to covid-19 situation

Post by Chapli » Sat May 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Hello. Hope you are all well.
I have a querry.
I got my spouse vissa of EU national recently and yesterday was my flight on qatar airways but they did not allow me to board and they said IRELAND is not allowing to enter in ireland with this vissa due to covid-19. I just want to ask if some one experienced the same or IRELAND is realy not allowing to enter spouse of EU national.
Please let me know.
Regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Urgent! urgent ! Spouse of EU national entry in irealand due to covid-19 situation

Post by littlerr » Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm

That’s not true. Spouses of EU/Irish citizens are allowed to travel to Ireland.
You should carry a permission letter or marriage certificate to prove that you obtained the visa based on your marriage with an EU national. If you didn’t have any of that, the airline can deny you from boarding the flight because your visa would just say Type C Short Visit (for spouses of EU national).

If you have your permission letter or marriage certificate, the airline cannot deny you from boarding.

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Urgent! urgent ! Spouse of EU national entry in irealand due to covid-19 situation

Post by Chapli » Sat May 09, 2020 2:57 pm

I have all these documents but they did not allow me to board.

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chapli » Sat May 09, 2020 3:04 pm

They keep saying that our system is not showing that irish government is allowing entry in ireland for this type of vissa.( spouse of EU national). I have a filed a complaint against the staff of airline.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 pm

What's your travel history? How come you are in Qatar?

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chapli » Sat May 09, 2020 4:40 pm

No i am not in qatar. I am in Pakistan and from here i booked my flight but they did not allow me board and made excuse that our system is not showing that irish immigration is allowing spouse of EU national to enter in ireland and one more thing i showed them all my documents like merriage certificate valid vissa my spouse passport. The keep saying that ask irish embassy to issue you or give you a letter which states that you are allowed then we will allow to board you.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sat May 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi Chapli, very sad to hear about your situation.
Might helpfull if you could should them a print out of the INIS website on which is mentioned that EU spouse are permitted to be joined by their non-eu spouse? Wish you good luck for it.

Another question, VFS offices are currently closed in Pak, how did they return your passport, was it through the karachi consulate or the VFS office. My friend’s passport is with the VFS office, decision on his visa was received on 13th march, but he isn’t able to contact VFS because they are closed in Lahore.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat May 09, 2020 7:22 pm

They are wrong, as Ireland is processing and allowing entry for those visa.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat May 09, 2020 9:00 pm

I heard about a guy who is a permanent resident in Canada and he ended up hiring a solicitor who went with him to airport. The people at the check-in desk kept denying him boarding flight after flight until he lawyered up.

Many of these employees are clueless when it comes to visas and immigration rules. When they are not sure, they just deny boarding.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat May 09, 2020 9:49 pm

Just hope the airlines will not force you to repay them.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue May 12, 2020 10:40 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:00 pm
I heard about a guy who is a permanent resident in Canada and he ended up hiring a solicitor who went with him to airport. The people at the check-in desk kept denying him boarding flight after flight until he lawyered up.

Many of these employees are clueless when it comes to visas and immigration rules. When they are not sure, they just deny boarding.
Airlines get fined if they let people board without correct visas. Airlines don't train their staff properly but make it their fault if fines happen. Don't blame the stooge in the uniform.

Airline are in this instance wrong but will be going off info they have been given. OP needs better info to show them.

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:59 am

Chapli wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:30 pm
I have a querry.
I got my spouse vissa of EU national recently and yesterday was my flight on qatar airways but they did not allow me to board and they said IRELAND is not allowing to enter in ireland with this vissa due to covid-19. I just want to ask if some one experienced the same or IRELAND is realy not allowing to enter spouse of EU national.
Please let me know.
Regards
can i ask u a question are u first time travelling from pakistan to ireland
what kind of stamp u have

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chapli » Mon May 18, 2020 9:02 am

I have spouse vissa of EU national. Type D. Yes i am travelling first time from pakistan on this vissa.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 am

That's a C visa, not a D.

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chapli » Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am

Yes i applied for spouse vissa of EU national type C. But on my vissa it is type D. I dont know why.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 pm

Granista wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:40 am
Zerubbabel wrote:

Airlines get fined if they let people board without correct visas. Airlines don't train their staff properly but make it their fault if fines happen. Don't blame the stooge in the uniform.

Airline are in this instance wrong but will be going off info they have been given. OP needs better info to show them.
Airline is not fined, they normally just responsible for bringing such person back. In this particular case one-way ticket is simple not covering the possible return price... Airport staff will never be fined for such decisions. They could even not belong to airline, but just airport staff. They simply should check TIMATIC. I can't find any restrictions in it for any type of visas to enter Ireland. There only new remark about mandatory of self isolation. Maybe it was blocking rule for stop-over country that prevent boarding.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue May 19, 2020 1:48 am

I recheck the Qatar website, they refering to IATA (timatic) immigration rules.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passpo ... ements.htm

It's strange and not right, but looks like the timatic system is really not allowing such journey for visa holders not residing in Ireland. It allow such journey only if residence field set to Ireland and documents such as GNIB/IRP or re-entery visa provided.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Tue May 19, 2020 6:21 am

I personally know someone, a family of 4, (mother + 3 kids) they travelled on 1st of May from Pakistan to Ireland on visa type D. (First time travellers)

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Tue May 19, 2020 6:23 am

They travelled from Karachi international airport. They weren’t able to get any confirmed airtickets from ISB.

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Transit through UK

Post by Chapli » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am

I have a query. Can any non EU resident transit through UK or other EU states with Spouse vissa of EU of Ireland especialy within 8 hours without transit vissa?? Or should i need transit vissa?
Regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Transit through UK

Post by littlerr » Wed May 20, 2020 1:09 pm

Most other European airports (e.g. Amsterdam, Paris) - yes.

UK - no.

UK and Ireland are in the common travel area (CTA) so there is no internal border (in theory). Therefore, in order to transit to Ireland, you will have to go through immigration control in the UK. In order to be eligible for transit-without-visa (TWOV) scheme, your visa will have to have a BIVS remark on it. I doubt your visa would have it.

In reality, some immigration officers may allow you to enter the UK temporarily if you have a confirmed ticket to Ireland. However, this is not guaranteed. In the current situation, I doubt if they would make any exception.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 pm

avta wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 pm
Granista wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:40 am
Zerubbabel wrote:

Airline is not fined, they normally just responsible for bringing such person back. In this particular case one-way ticket is simple not covering the possible return price... Airport staff will never be fined for such decisions. They could even not belong to airline, but just airport staff. They simply should check TIMATIC. I can't find any restrictions in it for any type of visas to enter Ireland. There only new remark about mandatory of self isolation. Maybe it was blocking rule for stop-over country that prevent boarding.

airlines most certainly DO get fined. 5,000 euro for each passenger sent back by border management AND they have to return them at the airlines cost.