ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence card need info

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Permanent residence card need info

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:37 am

Hi guys,
Just have quick question, my wife (non EU citizen) has recently got approval for her permanent residence card (form EU3) after been here for over 5 years holding stamp4eufam.

We got the stamp from our local garda station on her passport and waiting for IRP.

My question is, the IRP card that she will receive, will it be different then the one that she had for 5 years, I mean will it have wording like"permenant residence card" or something similar?
Thanks in advance.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Permanent residence card need info

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Guys anyone have any answer to my question, littler (sorry if I didn't spell your username correctly)? obie? Anyone please

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:08 pm

No ,your wife card will be exactly the same as previous card..no "permanent 'words attached on it and it will expire following the ages of her passport and she can go and renew to get the rest later when she have a new passport.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi @Sunflower35…

When did you submit the application? My partner and I did it in March, we first received a temp stamp 4 letter by email and yesterday another temp stamp 4 letter until June next year...

I do not understand why it is taking so long, if they granted the stamp 4 eu fam 5 years ago why they shouldn't approve this now...nothing changed, she is even working now as health care....

She emailed them yesterday asking to clarify but no reply yet...any ideas?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:50 pm

I know a few other EU countries that will put special remarks on their registration cards, but not Ireland. There won't be any special remarks on IRP cards. It's the same Stamp 4EUFAM card. The only thing different is the expiry date, which can now be up to 10 years.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:58 pm

BaboiDamo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:04 pm
Hi @Sunflower35…

When did you submit the application? My partner and I did it in March, we first received a temp stamp 4 letter by email and yesterday another temp stamp 4 letter until June next year...

I do not understand why it is taking so long, if they granted the stamp 4 eu fam 5 years ago why they shouldn't approve this now...nothing changed, she is even working now as health care....

She emailed them yesterday asking to clarify but no reply yet...any ideas?
Hi littlerr, any idea why this is happening to us?
Thanks

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 am

Thanks everyone for your help.

@baboidamo ,my wife’s application took about 11 months from start to finish , things are running slow due to COVID , I say wait another 4/5 months and you should get an answer,all the best

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 pm

Sunflower35 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 am
Thanks everyone for your help.

@baboidamo ,my wife’s application took about 11 months from start to finish , things are running slow due to COVID , I say wait another 4/5 months and you should get an answer,all the best
Thank you for confirming