ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4EUFam Expiring in december

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

freakish187
Newly Registered

Stamp4EUFam Expiring in december

Post by freakish187 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi,

I got Stamp4eufam till December after which I would not be able to renew it cause we are divorced. I also got my citizenship approval in January but didn't get invited to the March ceremony. And since all the ceremonies are on hold due to Covid-19 I was wondering what visa can I apply for till the ceremonies are resumed? or would they give me a temporary extension based on the fact that I've already got approval for the citizenship?

Can I apply for temporary visa extension based on the fact that my daughter is Irish(10 years old) and we have a joint custody agreement?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp4EUFam Expiring in december

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:10 pm

When did the divorce happen? Have you informed INIS? Have you applied for EU5?
Even if you want to apply for a temporary permission based on your Irish child, you will still be required to explain why you want to change the stamp. Having a divorce without informing INIS will seriously negatively impact your immigration records.

freakish187
Newly Registered

Post by freakish187 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi,

We got divorced 3 years ago. INIS doesn't know about divorce as I never applied for retention of rights cause I didn't expect citizenship approval to take that long.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:06 pm

You are going to have a lot of explaining to do with INIS I’m afraid.

You must inform INIS when you started to separate (not when you divorced), so I’m guessing that is going to be even longer than 3 years. Even if your citizenship application is approved and you are naturalised, an email from your ex to INIS can easily undo all of that.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 am

freakish187 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:35 pm
Hi,

We got divorced 3 years ago. INIS doesn't know about divorce as I never applied for retention of rights cause I didn't expect citizenship approval to take that long.
You don't seriously think you're getting citizenship after living here illegally for at least 3 years, do you?

seancool

Post by seancool » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 pm

Not sure how many stamp 4 you got, if you will be lived here for 8 years, you can then apply for stamp 5.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:17 pm

seancool wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 pm
Not sure how many stamp 4 you got, if you will be lived here for 8 years, you can then apply for stamp 5.
A straightforward Stamp 5 takes 6 months and they will check all permissions for the last 8 years. Chances are slim that they wouldn’t find out their divorce I’m afraid.

seancool

Post by seancool » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm

I get that, I read some threads here about stamp 5, and based on application form, it is quite straight forward application, as they require very little information, as long as you have 8 years legal status on your passport and P60, proof of addres etc, then should be no problem.

Of course like you said, they might check it, but I think the chances are as slim as they check whether your status vary after they give you stamp 4 EU.

I might be wrong, on another hand, I think he doesn't have 8 years otherwise he would have applied the stamp 5 as it is quite common knowledge.

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CheGuevara » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:25 pm

What's the difference between a stamp 5 and an EU3 (4EU stamp permanent residence card). I thought that the EU3 stamp was also permanent.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:50 pm

CheGuevara wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:25 pm
What's the difference between a stamp 5 and an EU3 (4EU stamp permanent residence card). I thought that the EU3 stamp was also permanent.
EU3 is based on EU Treat rights. Stamp 5 is based on domestic immigration laws. Treaty rights offer greater flexibility than domestic immigration laws.

E.g. treaty rights beneficiaries can travel to other EU countries without a visa; treaty rights beneficiaries can live be out of state for 6 months in a year, while domestic immigration laws only allow 3-4 months.

UK245
BANNED

Post by UK245 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:21 am

None of the above matters, OP has been residing illegally without valid permission for years. OP won't be getting citizenship or a new stamp, if anything they'll be getting deportation order.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:28 pm

you might need legal advice from solicitors, hiding your separation from EU partner while waiting irish citizenship could lead to big problem but in worse case scenario you might lose citizenship
least you have Irish citizen child therefore you can apply stamp4 Zambrano based on your irish citizen child,
Can i ask what route did you take to apply irish citizenship?3years marriage to irish citizen or 5year reckonable residence? or irish association? how long does your process of application took?