ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 6

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Blessings123
Pakistan

Stamp 6

Post by Blessings123 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:52 am

Hey Guy. Just wondering if anyone has applied for stamp 6 on basis of naturalisation? My passport application is being delayed so thinking to apply for stamp 6. Will that allow me to travel and re enter Ireland ? As what I have heard that naturalisation cert does not cover for re entry into Ireland.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 6

Post by littlerr » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:27 pm

If you need a visa to enter Ireland, a Stamp 6 will not give you that permission without an IRP or a re-entry visa. I believe INIS has a plan of issuing IRP cards to Stamp 6 holders but it hasn’t been progressed/approved.

If you don’t need a visa to enter Ireland, a Stamp 6 is sufficient for you to travel back to Ireland.

If you need to travel abroad, and you require a visa to come back to Ireland, you should apply for a re-entry visa instead. See below for details.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/vi ... ly-stamp-6

saddleback
Israel

Re: Stamp 6

Post by saddleback » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:09 pm

Blessings123 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:52 am
Hey Guy. Just wondering if anyone has applied for stamp 6 on basis of naturalisation? My passport application is being delayed so thinking to apply for stamp 6. Will that allow me to travel and re enter Ireland ? As what I have heard that naturalisation cert does not cover for re entry into Ireland.
naturalisation certificate confirms that you are a citizen. However, a paddy with a Donegal accent will not be permitted to board a plane to Ireland because he has no valid travel documents. By analogy, a certificate of naturalisation is not a travel document but if presented at the border (i.e. that if the carrier has somehow agreed to transport you to this island despite the potential hefty fine), it would confirm your right of entry into the State.