ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FOI for citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harprtk
Ireland

FOI for citizenship application

Post by harprtk » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:43 am

Hello,

Can someone please advice on the process of requesting FOI from the justice department. Can we email the request or does it have to be a postage in writing?
Do i just request my info or do I need to give an explanation.
Also, who do I address this to? Thanks a lot 😊

maples_
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: FOI for citizenship application

Post by maples_ » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:53 am

The process is simple,

1-Duly Fill in your FOI Application form.
2-Send them the form by Email .

Form/Email is provided on the link below. Justification is usually not required however you can provide them a small introduction.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Fre ... nformation

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Thanking you!!

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:05 pm

I just emailed them with my full name and citizenship reference number with the personal ID number and said that I want FOI regarding my citizenship application. I attached a copy of my driving licence with the email and they replied back within 2 hours with a letter saying that my application will process with in 4 weeks
Email info@justice.ie

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 pm

Thats very good news. Hopefully it will be over for you soon.
May I ask when did you apply? And was it on Stamp1 Stamp4 non-EU basis? Thanks

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Hey, is it foi@justice.ie we send it too or info..?

StarKing
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by StarKing » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi,

I think by decision they meant the return of the FOI not the actual decision on the application, see below what they say on their FOI website.

“ A decision on your FOI application must normally be made within 20 working days.”

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Hi, yea they emailed me to say I will hear something in 4 weeks reagarding FOI. But also FINALLY replied one of my 3 emails I sent in the last 2 months to say the application is at advances stages and I should hear about the ministers decision soon. It took me realistically 3 emails and requesting the FOI to get a reply off them. Phew!

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:49 am

Some FOI stories shared here, may be of use on what to expect: ireland/foi-and-an-application-for-an-o ... 11264.html
harprtk wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:43 am
Hello,

Can someone please advice on the process of requesting FOI from the justice department. Can we email the request or does it have to be a postage in writing?
Do i just request my info or do I need to give an explanation.
Also, who do I address this to? Thanks a lot 😊

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:47 pm

will requesting an FOI have any bearing on the outcome of your application ? Is responding to FOI an additional workload for the staff and may annoy them to slow down your application even further ? what you guys think ? Mine is a very straight forward application but still waiting for about 2 years, their email response mostly is 'application is in advance stage' or 'Continue to be processed' and doesn't give any meaningful information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Will requesting an FOI have any bearing on the outcome of your application ?
No.

Is responding to FOI an additional workload for the staff and may annoy them to slow down your application even further ?
No.

Remember. It's your right to ask for FOI under any circumstances, and it's especially important that you request for FOI if you believe your application is straightforward, as it often turned out that the delay is due to their staff making mistakes when processing your application.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:28 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:07 pm
Will requesting an FOI have any bearing on the outcome of your application ?
No.

Is responding to FOI an additional workload for the staff and may annoy them to slow down your application even further ?
No.

Remember. It's your right to ask for FOI under any circumstances, and it's especially important that you request for FOI if you believe your application is straightforward, as it often turned out that the delay is due to their staff making mistakes when processing your application.

How can parent make FOI request for children? Can it be one application form for like two or three children or separate forms? Is the parent name or children names has to be the applicant?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 am

You make a request on behalf of your child. Your will need to provide your child’s ID as part of the application.
Each FOI deals with one applicant only, so you need two applications for two children.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:12 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 am
You make a request on behalf of your child. Your will need to provide your child’s ID as part of the application.
Each FOI deals with one applicant only, so you need two applications for two children.
Just to add, you also need a letter from your spouse consenting to release the record of your child held by the department, to you.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:04 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thanks littler

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:05 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:12 am
littlerr wrote:
Just to add, you also need a letter from your spouse consenting to release the record of your child held by the department, to you.
Thanks pluto1992 . Done and sent in today :)

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:14 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:07 pm
Thanks littlerr.

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 am

The same is true for a citizenship application made based on marriage. If you request an FOI, you need a letter from your spouse that says they're ok with the release of the info.
pluto1992 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:12 am
littlerr wrote: