ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Permission Extended

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usmanch313

Temporary Permission Extended

Post by usmanch313 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:55 pm

⚠️ NOTICE: A further temporary extension of immigration and international protection permissions to 20 September 2021

This applies to permissions that are due to expire between 21 April 2021 and 20 September 2021 and includes permissions that have already been extended by the previous 6 temporary extensions.

For more
click 👉 https://bit.ly/39kTWMW

http://justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR21000065

Can any one please clarify

My Current Permission will expired on 2nd April 2021

Will I apply for Renewal online
or I need to have letter from DOJ ?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Temporary Permission Extended

Post by raja.brit » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 pm

usmanch313 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:55 pm
⚠️ NOTICE: A further temporary extension of immigration and international protection permissions to 20 September 2021

This applies to permissions that are due to expire between 21 April 2021 and 20 September 2021 and includes permissions that have already been extended by the previous 6 temporary extensions.

For more
click 👉 https://bit.ly/39kTWMW

http://justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR21000065

Can any one please clarify

My Current Permission will expired on 2nd April 2021

Will I apply for Renewal online
or I need to have letter from DOJ ?
Id say you don't need to as per below. Permission was extended till April 20st that covers you already. Now you don't to renew till September 20th.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/updates-announcements

Notice | Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions and the closure of the Burgh Quay Registration Office from the 23 December 2020

This notice applies to Immigration and International Protection permissions to reside in the State that are due to expire between 21st January 2021 and 20th April 2021 and supplements all previous extension notices. This is the sixth, and expected to be the final, extension of permissions implemented since the outset of the pandemic.

In light of the uncertainties caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, COVID-19, the following notice applies to all persons with a current valid permission due to expire from 21st January 2021 to 20th April 2021, whether pursuant to domestic law or powers of the Minister, or Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive).

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:44 pm

Thanks Raja

Can we Renew IRP online base on this statement or we need Letter from DOJ,

zigandzag
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by zigandzag » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:08 pm

I'm a bit confused. If IRP/permission is expiring April 1 but had been extended by the extension in Dec to April 20, does this new extension apply again to that April 20 deadline and extend permission further until September? Or does it apply only to permissions that are expiring from April 21 on and not ON the 20th. 🤔

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:18 pm

zigandzag wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:08 pm
I'm a bit confused. If IRP/permission is expiring April 1 but had been extended by the extension in Dec to April 20, does this new extension apply again to that April 20 deadline and extend permission further until September? Or does it apply only to permissions that are expiring from April 21 on and not ON the 20th. 🤔
Yes it is utterly confusing. Someone in their press release dept apparently haven’t proof read the thing.

The way I interpret it is that the intention is to extend everyone’s permission to Sept (otherwise it wouldn’t specifically mention those who have permissions previously extended), but INIS has to clarify it, otherwise it would be up to interpretation in those local Garda stations who always have troubles following new directives.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:18 pm
zigandzag wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:08 pm
Yes it is utterly confusing. Someone in their press release dept apparently haven’t proof read the thing.

The way I interpret it is that the intention is to extend everyone’s permission to Sept (otherwise it wouldn’t specifically mention those who have permissions previously extended), but INIS has to clarify it, otherwise it would be up to interpretation in those local Garda stations who always have troubles following new directives.
I have been trying to see the extension notice but it’s not avail on the inis website. So does this mean that the automatic extension is not yet executed.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:05 pm

smamor wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:18 pm
I have been trying to see the extension notice but it’s not avail on the inis website. So does this mean that the automatic extension is not yet executed.
The Department of Justice website is where they announce new arrangements. INIS is just a small government body under the Department of Justice, and may not always be kept up to date.

I would expect that INIS updates their website in the next few days.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:05 pm
smamor wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:18 pm
The Department of Justice website is where they announce new arrangements. INIS is just a small government body under the Department of Justice, and may not always be kept up to date.

I would expect that INIS updates their website in the next few days.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have seen a couple of questions in this, but do we need a letter from DOJ to renew the IRP cards or just go online and apply for renewal based on this new update of automatic extension.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 pm

You don’t need to do anything to get this extension. The purpose of this extension is so that you have sufficient time to apply to the relevant department to get your permission renewed.

If your permission is based on standard stuff (marriage to Irish spouse, work permits, students etc) then you should just renew as usual. If you need to renew based on a letter (e.g. EU1/3/5, CSEP to Stamp 4, IIP, WCATT etc), you will have more time now to wait for that letter.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:59 pm

Immigration Service Delivery or INIS as it used to be called, is part of the Department of Justice. They are not really a separate body.

It is just incompetence, as the IT team can do both simultaneously, as it is the same IT team responsibile for the DOJ that runs their IT also.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:16 pm

i have letter from doj granting me permission to remain till december 2021 on stamp 1 but i dont have irp can i still travel or i can renew my driving licence based on that letter ?

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:10 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 pm
You don’t need to do anything to get this extension. The purpose of this extension is so that you have sufficient time to apply to the relevant department to get your permission renewed.

If your permission is based on standard stuff (marriage to Irish spouse, work permits, students etc) then you should just renew as usual. If you need to renew based on a letter (e.g. EU1/3/5, CSEP to Stamp 4, IIP, WCATT etc), you will have more time now to wait for that letter.
My renewal would be based on the EUTR fam spouse of EU. So I would need to request them for a letter I am still waiting for my final decision in the stamp4. I had renewed my IRP once which got expired on 27 Feb 2021.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:23 pm

smamor wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:10 pm
littlerr wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 pm

My renewal would be based on the EUTR fam spouse of EU. So I would need to request them for a letter I am still waiting for my final decision in the stamp4. I had renewed my IRP once which got expired on 27 Feb 2021.
No. Your IRP is extended by the notice so you shouldn't need to ask them for a letter unless you don't hear back from them in September.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:30 pm

azee81 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:16 pm
i have letter from doj granting me permission to remain till december 2021 on stamp 1 but i dont have irp can i still travel or i can renew my driving licence based on that letter ?
How can you have a driving licence but not have an IRP card? You should have at least an expired IRP card.

Travel - no. You need to have either a valid IRP card or a re-entry visa. Contact re-entry visa department if you don't have an up-to-date IRP card, unless you are a non-visa required national.

Renew your driving licence - it's a question for NDLS, but in theory you cannot renew your driving licence if you don't have an IRP card. If you have an expired card, it should still work, provided that the validity has been automatically extended per announcements.