ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One year continuous residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lottie67
Newly Registered
Ireland

One year continuous residency

Post by Lottie67 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:57 pm

Hello,
I am an Iraqi living in Ireland for at least 4 years now. I will be applying for Irish naturalisation next year and I am aware that I need to have one-year continuous reckonable residency in Ireland before an application for Irish citizenship. The only problem is that in the year before Irish naturalisation application my Iraqi passport expires. Since they do not have an Iraqi Embassy in Ireland I will have to travel to the Iraqi Embassy in London for 1-2 days to renew my passport. I know a judge once did not grant permission to Irish citizenship because they took the word continuous literally as 'unbroken, without interruption' and to be physically present in Ireland for the year before application. My reason for travel is urgent as I need valid passport documentation to apply for Irish naturalisation. Are they still implementing that rule? Should I be worried?

Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: One year continuous residency

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:01 pm

No. That’s been overturned.

Lottie67
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: One year continuous residency

Post by Lottie67 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:09 pm