ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G validity

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TropicalTornado
Mood:
Iraq

Stamp 1G validity

Post by TropicalTornado » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:27 pm

A question from people who have recently renewed their stamp 1G (Spouse/de facto partner of a Critical Skills Employment Permit holder). how long it has been granted for?

For my wife, it was granted only for one year. Last time it was valid for two years.

avta
Ireland

Re: Stamp 1G validity

Post by avta » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:51 pm

Hey,

My friends had the same story/problem.
Her stamp 1G was renewed for 1 year. The main CSEP stamp 4 was renewed for 2 years at the same time.
I don't know how they did the renewal exactly, but it was in February this year.
I'm just curious, did you set the online renewal application flag for the "dependant person"?
Did you fill in that your 1G permit is dependant on another one described in additional fields (name, permit number, exp. date)? I'm not sure if my friends did it...

TropicalTornado
Mood:
Iraq

Post by TropicalTornado » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:04 pm

avta wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:51 pm
Hey,

My friends had the same story/problem.
Her stamp 1G was renewed for 1 year. The main CSEP stamp 4 was renewed for 2 years at the same time.
I don't know how they did the renewal exactly, but it was in February this year.
I'm just curious, did you set the online renewal application flag for the "dependant person"?
Did you fill in that your 1G permit is dependant on another one described in additional fields (name, permit number, exp. date)? I'm not sure if my friends did it...
I'm not sure about that flag since we applied long time ago but I think we stated and also it is clear that the Stamp 1G holder is dependent on the CSEP holder.

Apparently this is a new arrangement. I also checked the INIS website and it says that the renewal of Stamp 1G should be done annually:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/re ... ps#stamp1g

But I read in this forum that some people got 2 years validity.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:12 pm

Yes. 1G is valid for 1 year and must be renewed annually, although it's just a guideline and a GNIB officer can decide to extend or shorten that period.