ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicatio. - calculation q

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TaliaIr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Applicatio. - calculation q

Post by TaliaIr » Tue May 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Hello,
I am slowly collecting everything necessary for citizenship application based on naturalisation (EU citizen).
My questions are, and I appreciate any information/direction:

1. 6 week rule - does it apply to the year before the application?
2. How is time calculated - calendar year or 365 days before the application (if I apply in June, how do they see it)?
3. For any absence from the country, departure and arrival day, are those included in 6 weeks or so those count as being in Ireland?
4. I had 7.5 weeks 4/5 years out of Ireland due to medical treatment, would they accept that as a valid enough reason or reject my application?

Many thanks in advance.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Applicatio. - calculation q

Post by Vorona » Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 pm

TaliaIr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by TaliaIr » Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 pm

Thank you.

It doesn't answer the departure/arrival question or I've missed it?

Also, the fiscal year calculation is a bit confusing to be honest.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue May 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Departure and arrival date count as reckonable residence. Only those in between need to be excluded if they add up to more than 6 weeks per fiscal year.

Medical treatments can be accepted if you have proofs that this treatment cannot be done in Ireland. If this is not the case, it would be up to the minister to decide whether your reason can be accepted. It would be better to just exclude them when you calculate your reckonable residences.