ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland spouse visa(Category B) processing time from Pakistan

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Ireland spouse visa(Category B) processing time from Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Tue May 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Has anyone applied for ireland spouse visa from pakistan in this pandemic??

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Ireland spouse visa(Category B) processing time from Pakistan

Post by kupuser » Wed May 05, 2021 10:54 am

I have heard someone (a friend's friend) applied. The husband had critical skills work permit in Ireland and the whole process took 2.5 months.

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Wed May 05, 2021 1:02 pm

kupuser wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:54 am
I have heard someone (a friend's friend) applied. The husband had critical skills work permit in Ireland and the whole process took 2.5 months.
I applied in November 2020 but still didn't get any answer yet

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed May 05, 2021 2:25 pm

Join Family visas for Category B sponsors take more than 12 months to process in normal situations. It has been put on hold since the pandemic started.

See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/visa%20decisions for processing times.

For Category A sponsors, it takes around 1-4 weeks for embassies to pass the application to Dublin, and then 3 weeks for Dublin to process the application, and finally another 1-2 weeks to return the application back to the embassy for issuance, so in total 1.5-3 months.

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Wed May 05, 2021 2:39 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:25 pm
Join Family visas for Category B sponsors take more than 12 months to process in normal situations. It has been put on hold since the pandemic started.

For Category A sponsors, it takes around 1-4 weeks for embassies to pass the application to Dublin, and then 3 weeks for Dublin to process the application, and finally another 1-2 weeks to return the application back to the embassy for issuance, so in total 1.5-3 months.
It means they will not process the applications until covid is over??

Stress
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Stress » Thu May 06, 2021 4:05 am

Hi There i have also applied in November 2020, i have sent many emails to them got reply this week that decision has been made to approve for granting when travel restrictions will be lifted,
dont you worry they are working on application which they have received before january 2021. but they are not issuing any approval letters yet, but refusal letters are issuing

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Thu May 06, 2021 9:04 am

Stress wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:05 am
Hi There i have also applied in November 2020, i have sent many emails to them got reply this week that decision has been made to approve for granting when travel restrictions will be lifted,
dont you worry they are working on application which they have received before january 2021. but they are not issuing any approval letters yet, but refusal letters are issuing
Hi, thanks for your message.
I was really worried about it. Can you please tell me in which category did you applied for? when it was reached in dublin? And from where did you applied?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 am

Stress wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:05 am
You are an Irish citizen so you are not in Category B.

Spouse visas for Category B sponsors will not be processed until further notice. There is no published plan on when this will be resumed.

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am

But I have also received similar email from them this week.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 am

That’s good. At least we know they have resumed… maybe it’s along side the passport services which was also resumed in the last two weeks.

Stress
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Stress » Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 am

Hi there my visa category was D i am Irish national, i have applied in november they received after 2 weeks in Dublin

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Thu May 06, 2021 11:59 am

Stress wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 am
Hi there my visa category was D i am Irish national, i have applied in november they received after 2 weeks in Dublin
Ok. But I am from category B. Did you received email something similar like this?

For applications which were received prior to January 29th, these will continue to be processed. However, for successful applications, 
 unless your application meets the Emergency/Priority criteria set out above, a visa or preclearance approval letter will not issue     
 until such time as these restrictions have been lifted. You will be notified if your application is successful. Refusal letters for     
 unsuccessful applications on hand will continue to be issued.                                                                         
We continue to process application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 pm

There are a lot of confusions here.

Join Family visa for Irish citizen sponsors is in Category A. There is no ‘Category D’. The visa itself has a Type D, which is the standard type for all long stay visas with the exception of EU Treaty Rights.

OP’s application does not look to have been processed. The email simply says they are not processing anything at the moment.

Irish citizen’s join family visa is being processed and the email shows a decision has already been made.

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Thu May 06, 2021 2:37 pm

On their website they said,

'Due to the restrictions implemented as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are limited Visa services being provided. Certain Priority/Emergency cases will continue to be processed and details are available in the Covid-19 FAQ document.

This restriction on the processing of visa(s) applications includes those applications which were received before the COVID-19 restrictions were announced on the 20 March 2020'

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Muslima wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:37 pm
On their website they said,

'Due to the restrictions implemented as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are limited Visa services being provided. Certain Priority/Emergency cases will continue to be processed and details are available in the Covid-19 FAQ document.

This restriction on the processing of visa(s) applications includes those applications which were received before the COVID-19 restrictions were announced on the 20 March 2020'
I think the official message is quite clear. Only those in the priority or emergency situations (which includes Category A but not Category B for Join Family visas) can have their visa application processed.

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Then why they are saying that restrictions on processing of visa includes only those applications which were received before covid 19. And if they are not processing category B visa then why they accepted our documents. :cry:

Stress
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Stress » Fri May 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi Muslimah,

dear my email is different from your email my email was saying that the decision has been made to approve andgranting after lifting the covid restrictions, it means they have made decision on my application but not sending any approval letters for now,

i can understand your frustration, But dont worry we get it.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed May 12, 2021 7:27 am

littlerr wrote:

Hi littlerr,

Regarding category A. The critical skills permit holders are included in this. Do you know if people who receive stamp 4 after completing the 2 years of critical skills permit also stay within this category or do they move to category B? Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed May 12, 2021 10:19 am

kupuser wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:27 am
littlerr wrote:

Hi littlerr,

Regarding category A. The critical skills permit holders are included in this. Do you know if people who receive stamp 4 after completing the 2 years of critical skills permit also stay within this category or do they move to category B? Thanks.
They will remain in Category A.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed May 12, 2021 6:59 pm

Thanks.

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:59 pm

Can anyone tell me please what is the processing time of visa appeal?

kasskass
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kasskass » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:47 am

Muslima wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:59 pm
hi muslima
they says on there website for category B it takes 12 months for application to be processed .i was reading your old posts as well .can you share ur time line .did you got any response from them since you have applied any email or anything ?
actually i have also applied for spouse visa since june through vfs office in Lahore did not hear anything since then no email or anything confirming that the application has been received in Dublin visa office and still have not got original documents back .i am also stamp 4 holders category B .
so can you share since u have applied what kinds of response u got from department .and how long after ur spouse got there passports back ? or anyother details ,

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:58 am

kasskass wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:47 am
Muslima wrote:
hi muslima
they says on there website for category B it takes 12 months for application to be processed .i was reading your old posts as well .can you share ur time line .did you got any response from them since you have applied any email or anything ?
actually i have also applied for spouse visa since june through vfs office in Lahore did not hear anything since then no email or anything confirming that the application has been received in Dublin visa office and still have not got original documents back .i am also stamp 4 holders category B .
so can you share since u have applied what kinds of response u got from department .and how long after ur spouse got there passports back ? or anyother details ,
Hi,
After submission of documents, I think after 25 days my application reached in dublin and I got answer within 6 months

kasskass
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kasskass » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:28 am

Muslima wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:58 am
kasskass wrote:
Muslima wrote:
hi muslima
Hi,
After submission of documents, I think after 25 days my application reached in dublin and I got answer within 6 months
did you got email when your application reached in dublin ? how long after did you got your original documents back after submission ? and u got answer in 6 months ,your means you got decision or it was just reply back for ur query ?

Muslima
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Muslima » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:34 am

kasskass wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:28 am
Muslima wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:58 am
kasskass wrote:
Muslima wrote:
hi muslima
Hi,
did you got email when your application reached in dublin ? how long after did you got your original documents back after submission ? and u got answer in 6 months ,your means you got decision or it was just reply back for ur query ?
Yup, I got email that your application reached in dublin. After 6 months when I got visa decision they emailed me to collect original documents from gerry's office where I submitted