ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Never got refusal letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harprtk
Ireland

Never got refusal letter

Post by harprtk » Mon May 17, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi,

I just got my FOI and Apparenlty my application was rejected back in Nov 2020 because I used the landing date as starting to count reckonable residency. I am so confused because I have an email from them say I was allowed to do so. But also I never received that letter which is included in the FOI. Its not even signed.. Has a date in the signature but thats all. Anyone knows what is going on here or what I should do?

They sent me an email 2 months ago saying the application is with the miniter.

Cheers

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Never got refusal letter

Post by Vorona » Mon May 17, 2021 4:22 pm

How do you know that it was rejected? I've never heard of "landing date", what is it?
If you application was refused, you must get a letter informing you about the decision.

You FOI file must contain copies of all letters which were sent to you, including decision letter (refusal or approval). If it's not there, you cannot be certain that a decision was made.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon May 17, 2021 4:28 pm

It may well be the case that your application was found ineligible. It's similar to refusal, the only difference is that the application never moved to the second stage, as it was found ineligible during initial assessment. However even in such cases you must have a letter.
Last edited by Vorona on Mon May 17, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Mon May 17, 2021 4:28 pm

Hey its the date I arrived in Ireland with a Visa D to join spouse. I had emailed them before applying and team 2 emailed back to say I need to start my calculation based on that day..

I never received the letter in thr post but its included in my file. It has not been signed by anyone though. So not sure whats going on 😭

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon May 17, 2021 4:29 pm

ok, looks like it was found ineligible. What does it say on the letter?
You can't use the date of arrival to Ireland, only the dates which are shown on residence permits.
The reason why letter is not signed, is because it's a copy. Signed original will be sent to you by post.
Last edited by Vorona on Mon May 17, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Mon May 17, 2021 4:30 pm

It says the residency isnt applicable. But they never actually psoted the letter out to me.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon May 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Just send a new application then. You will qualify this time.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Mon May 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Oh god I wish they had posted it when it happened in Nov 2020. I wonder when are they planning to actually post the letter.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Mon May 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Sorry to bother you but do you know if I have to send everything in again or just re apply with the application form??

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon May 17, 2021 4:55 pm

harprtk wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:51 pm
Sorry to bother you but do you know if I have to send everything in again or just re apply with the application form??
I believe that most document from the old application can be re-used for a new one if you ask and give them reference number. But you will have to pay again and fill in a new application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon May 17, 2021 5:09 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your application was rejected based on this, but I did explicitly tell you that you need to use the GNIB dates before you sent your application. Landing stamps are for refugees only.

If you believe you were incorrectly informed by a member of the Citizenship team, you can make a complaint and ask for your previous application fee back.

The refusal letter is most likely just lost in the post, which unfortunately, happens from time to time.

You will have to prepare for a new list of documents. You can still use the old documents for proofs of residency, but you must provide 3 new documents as proof for the last 365 days. You also need to submit new tax clearance and P60/EDS files.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Mon May 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Thanks so much guys!! Appreciate it a lot :)