ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Outside of Ireland for 6 months and applying for stamp4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tejalondon

Outside of Ireland for 6 months and applying for stamp4

Post by tejalondon » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:04 am

Hi,

I am writing here on behalf of my friend.

They have been to india on a Holiday on 14th Jan 2021, expected to return to Ireland by 13th March.

However, due to covid travel restrictions within and outside of India and being diagnosed with COVID in april, he had to cancel his flight tickets more than a couple times. Each time for reasons outside of control.

His Visa ( STAMP1) is currently set to expire by the end of August. He is to apply for a letter of support, after which he can apply for a STAMP4.

Given his situation, could some one advise if being outside Ireland during these travel restrictions can be exempt for deciding his visa status ?

Does he have to declare his 6 month absence with the employment trade email address while applying for a support letter ?

How does his dependant wife comply with immigration while he is going through this process is she eligible to work.

many thanks for your help, wanted to help and clear the air for my friend.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Outside of Ireland for 6 months and applying for stamp4

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:06 pm

Support letter: He must have worked for at least 21 months with proofs of company letter & salary slips before he can apply for a support letter. Was he working when he was in India? While it is expected that the person should be working in Ireland, if he can show sufficient proofs that he was stranded overseas but still is working full time for the employer, it shouldn't be a big issue.

If he hasn't been working during this period, he will not be given a Stamp 4. He will instead need to apply for a renewal of Stamp 1 or a new employment permit, subject to DETE & INIS discretion.

He doesn't need to show proofs to DETE when applying for the support letter, but he may be asked to produce proofs by either DETE or INIS during the application process & when trying to applying for Stamp 4.

It is very likely that he will be asked by INIS why he chose to go on holiday when DFA has specifically advised against travelling abroad, especially with India being on the Do Not Travel list. Holiday is not going to be a valid reason.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:07 am

Thank you @littlerr for your response,

He was working for his company all along.

He wasn't here on a Holiday per se, but they had a death in the family, his uncle passed away, and his dad was in a huge grief cause of that.

DONOT TRAVEL LIST is a good point, will check with my friend, if the travel advise is out there, by the time he decided to travel.

BR,
Teja

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:50 am

Family bereavement is acceptable as a valid reason for travel. Just make sure he has all the documents ready in case INIS asks for it. The border control may also want to ask why he was abroad for such a long time so it’s good to have the documents with him when he flies over.

Btw India has been on the ‘Avoid non-essential travel’ list since 2020.
https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice ... ies/india/

Ssaima2012

Can stamp4holder bring spouse to Ireland from Pakistan

Post by Ssaima2012 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Hi all,

I shall be thankful if you could help me
My cousin is in Ireland and holding a stamp4 visa on behalf of his Irish national parents .last week he had applied for a Irish passport as well
He wish to bring his wife to Ireland from Pakistan

Can he do that ?
If yes kindly help me to do so the procedure and documentation in support of this