ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP renewal online for irish born parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ryan1520
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP renewal online for irish born parents

Post by ryan1520 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:11 pm

hello everyone
i have a question regarding my IRP. i am belong to no EU citizen and i came in ireland on stamp3 dependent visa in 2019 as my husband have stamp4. so last year i renewed my visa in luly online and they gave me visa till 09-08-2021 as my husband visa was expiring on the same date. now my visa i expiring which is following week and my husbands visa too but my husband have got citizenship approval letter on last week from inis and he have already applied and paid 950 euro for the naturalisation cert last monday.
he applied online for his visa renewal and mine 3 weeks before on base of our new born irish child and still nothing heared from the department.
another thing is when we applied online for visa renewal there was no option that we can pay fee(300) for renewal as i paid last year.the options i selected there were
1. i am a dependent of an irish national(under 18)
2. yes my permission is dependent on my irish,eu/eea or swiss family member.
after i uploaded the supported documents(child passport copy, birth copy, doctor letter and garda card copy etc.
and then in note i wrote there that i had stamp3 and wants to applied for stamp4 on our child base.

now i am worry that i have my visa expiring date is coming so close so how it will work anyone plesse can give advice would be great.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: IRP renewal online for irish born parents

Post by Vorona » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:39 pm

You cannot apply as a wife of an Irish citizen until your husband receives his citizenship certificate as he will only be considered an Irish citizen from the date shown on the certificate. Wait until your husband gets his certificate and then apply for a permission to remain on a basis of being a wife of an Irish citizen.

if your permission is expiring shortly, go to your local Garda station and explain the situation. They can make an exemption and give you a short extension for free. This way you will avoid having a gap in your permission, which is very important if you want to apply for citizenship in the future.

ryan1520
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ryan1520 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks for your reply
But can I ask how can I get appointment for GNIB office as they not allowing to do so unless you are going for first time registration? Or is there any way I can get?

Second I applied online 3 weeks before stamp4 as I'm a mother of an Irish born child and any chance I'll get that application approved?
Thanks again

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:37 pm

How can you have an Irish born child if neither you nor your husband are Irish citizens yet. A child who was born in Ireland to a non-Irish parents does not become Irish citizen automatically since 2005. Contact your registration office, explain the situation and ask for an appointment.

ryan1520
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ryan1520 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:51 pm

Thanks for reply
Yes we'll go to the office on Tuesday and hope they will give us an appointment.(never heard they do for renewal too)🥺
Another thing is that our child have Irish passport as my husband living in the country more than 6 years on Stamp 4.
Thanks again

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:55 pm

No problem, then it's really up to you. You can get a permission as a mother of an Irish-citizen child, or a wife of an Irish citizen when your husbands gets his certificate. The latter will be preferable and more straightforward.

ryan1520
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ryan1520 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Thanks vorona for replying
Yes as you said wife of Irish citizen will be more straight forward so I'll try to get that 👍🏼(I hope they will give temporary visa till my husband doesn't get his passport).

Just last question if you know anyone who got appointment by visiting on the GNIB office? Will they give appointment if we will visit there on Tuesday?

Thanks again

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:51 pm

If you live in Dublin, you cannot get a renewal by visiting the GNIB office. They used to be lenient and give out tickets for emergency reasons, but they seldom do that nowadays. (Plus you don’t have a real emergency.)

ryan1520
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ryan1520 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:29 pm

Yes you right that what I was thinking too.

So what options do I have as I really need UpTo date GNIB for to widrawn our mortgage.
As I applied 3 weeks before online and they do say they takes 3 weeks for application to get decision but I still haven't heard anything from them.
I know if the immigration office was opened I could get easily Stamp 4 on base of my child or aswell as my husband got Irish citizenship approval letter.
But now can't get the appointment as I'm not first time registration.
Thanks in advance