ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Post by Shaz4jazz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Can not get hold on web chat 😔😔😔

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:21 pm

Anyone else has their bar dropped to half way after the estimate issue date has passed?

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 am

Dodi412 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:21 pm
Anyone else has their bar dropped to half way after the estimate issue date has passed?
Yes my issue date was yesterday and the bar dropped on half. Web chatted today and they tell me it can take 2 more days as estimated dates are not guaranteed.

Agent answer:
Okay, I can see your application is being processed and 13/10 was your estimated issue date that is correct but that is only an estimate, it is not a guarantee of service and may take another day or two.

agent answer about my query:
I would expect your tracker to update by Monday and if it hasn't get back to us on webchat or phones and we can give you any further updates

Schnaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Schnaz » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:17 pm

My bar dropped back too after estimation date, chatted online today as its week 10 and still no progress on when the passport will be assigned a checker. Two weeks after the estimate date however my documents have all been scanned and they will send them back so i have at least one passport in my possession.

pwchwh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by pwchwh » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:31 am

Would anyone know if I have to go to the nearest Garda station to where I live or I can go to one near my work, to get the Identity Verification Form witnessed?!

gaurav_s
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gaurav_s » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:42 am

pwchwh wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:31 am
Would anyone know if I have to go to the nearest Garda station to where I live or I can go to one near my work, to get the Identity Verification Form witnessed?!
I would suggest to go to nearest garda station where you live. Reason I am saying this is because you will be giving address proof of place where you are staying. However, this is just my view.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:15 am

Any station is fine, although some guards may request for a proof of address and may raise doubts if the address is too far away from the station.

Faull_guy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faull_guy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:45 am

Faull_guy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:46 am
46 working days since my documents were received.
Passport tracker has shown "Processing application" since documents were received back on 10 August 2021.
Estimated issue date has been 14/10/2021 since 10 August ........with 2 days to go it's not looking likely it will be issued then!
Second application - first application timed out after 6 months during lockdown earlier this year - still waiting for refund
Positive progress today 15/10, one day after my estimated issue date the tracker on my application has changed to “printing passport book” …….some hope for those waiting

gaurav_s
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gaurav_s » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:04 pm

Faull_guy wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:45 am
Faull_guy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:46 am
46 working days since my documents were received.
Passport tracker has shown "Processing application" since documents were received back on 10 August 2021.
Estimated issue date has been 14/10/2021 since 10 August ........with 2 days to go it's not looking likely it will be issued then!
Second application - first application timed out after 6 months during lockdown earlier this year - still waiting for refund
Positive progress today 15/10, one day after my estimated issue date the tracker on my application has changed to “printing passport book” …….some hope for those waiting
That’s encouraging news . Thanks for sharing .

Schnaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Schnaz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Update, just now status changed to printing on working Day 51. 10 weeks in total from day the documents were received in the post from the online application. It really tests ur patience and best of luck to all still waiting.

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:16 pm

So after 10 weeks I got an alert that there was a problem with my application and that a letter was being sent to explain why. I suspect it’s the laminated birth certificate that’s the issue. I’ll have to wait for the letter to be sure. But any hope of getting it this year is out the window as the clock restarts when additional requested documents are sent.

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:24 pm

So after all of this Very long wait, i got an email today saying that the garda witness didn’t register your information on the station log. I have to print another identification verification form have it signed by garda and send it back.

It is not my fault that garda didn’t put my name in their system

How long will it take to process my application again?

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:08 pm

Bro unfortunately clocks resets to zero again no matter how small the issue is.

It's sad but real 😭.For Normal Naturalised people it's 6 months on average+/- to get red passport.

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:58 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:57 pm
In my case - 50 working days, or 10 weeks have passed already and my application is still at the "processing" stage.

I wonder if contacting the web chat helps at all, or there's no point to bother with them? Is there anything else I could do in case of major delays, or I'm entirely at their mercy?
Update: Today my status changed to "printing". Happy days!

IrishL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IrishL » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 am

IrishL wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:48 pm
Timeline
Application for Irish passport (1st time)

Online-Application:22/07/2021
Documents received: 23/07/2021 and changed to processing
Expected due date: 27/09/2021
On 21/092021(Yesterday) at around past 3pm I chatted with them online that my application was already 40+1 working days and was told there's no update on my application. I told the guy that since my application was already 41Working days they need to finalized it which he totally agreed and told me that he'll send them message in order to complete it yesterday but if they need any further document(s) they'll email me. At 5:31pm yesterday I received email which was expected that they can't add my birth surname as Requested but can only put my marriage name for now that I can change it at my convenient time in future if I wish. At 5:45pm i replied to their email that they can issued it with my marriage name attached my marriage certificate to the email hoping they'll reset it to another 10working days according to the received email but to my greatest surprised this morning my tracking changed to passport book being printed, this afternoon my passport is being dispatched and passport card being printed by 4:35pm.

Quick update!
After a week I received my passport book It took them another week to sort my passport card out reason given was that machine was faulty. Received the Passport Card and all my supporting documents including photocopies I expected them to keep in their file everything was returned the way it was sent. Goodluck to everyone that still waiting and wish you all the best. Bye for now.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 am

Hi guys..
I have a query regarding first time application based on previous refugee status.
Being a refugee I had my travel document which means I have had my identity established and my passport number was already issued. Shall I make an application based on 1st time application ? And what documents would I be required as I don't have my passport neither ID card from home country ?

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:56 am

Dodi412 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:57 pm
Hi all

Just a quick question please, How long does the checker take to approve first time passport application?

I have been told that my application has already been scanned and it’s assigned to a checker now.

Hi brother .. I think you have got citizenship based on refugee status. Just checking what document have u submitted with application as passport or Nicole is with ipo .. thanks for your time in advance

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 am

Smilemee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 am
Hi guys..
I have a query regarding first time application based on previous refugee status.
Being a refugee I had my travel document which means I have had my identity established and my passport number was already issued. Shall I make an application based on 1st time application ? And what documents would I be required as I don't have my passport neither ID card from home country ?
Yes you have to apply as first time passport as travel document is not a Irish passport.
When you apply online there will be a required list of documents page which you have to provide them.
IE. PPS card copy, birth certificate, proof of address,
Passport of the country of birth (if you have one)
Garda verification form.
If you don't have a passport you can submit a declaration why you don't have one. Same as we submitted for our naturalisation application.
Hope answer the question.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Shaz4jazz wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 am
Smilemee wrote:
Hi guys..
Yes you have to apply as first time passport as travel document is not a Irish passport.
When you apply online there will be a required list of documents page which you have to provide them.
Garda verification form.
If you don't have a passport you can submit a declaration why you don't have one. Same as we submitted for our naturalisation application.
Hi .. thanks brother for your advise.. what about Nicop? Did u submit that one too or made a declaration?
And declaration should be signed by a solicitor or equivalent?

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am

Smilemee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Shaz4jazz wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 am
Smilemee wrote:
Hi guys..
Garda verification form.
Hi .. thanks brother for your advise.. what about Nicop? Did u submit that one too or made a declaration?
And declaration should be signed by a solicitor or equivalent?
One you tell them you got naturalisation through full refugee status and do not hold any passport I don't think they will ask. Please submit what they ask in the check list

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 am

Still waiting. 13 was the expected date. Chatted today and the same answer still processing.
Check again in few days.
This is too much. Should I go to a solicitor or is it worth waiting.

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:21 am

Shaz4jazz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 am
Still waiting. 13 was the expected date. Chatted today and the same answer still processing.
Check again in few days.
Wait for a further one week atleast then ask solicitor.

gaurav_s
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gaurav_s » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:51 am

Shaz4jazz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 am
Check again in few days.
Did they tell any reason for delay or at what stage is your application at ?

Schnaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Schnaz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:29 pm

Was that the 13th of october? My date was october 7th but it didn’t get completed for printing until october 15th. Working day 51 in total. So they are missing the online targets.

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Quick update:
13 October was expecting date.
We chatted this morning they say still in process. Advice to wait for a couple of days.
Got an email around 16:00
Some documents missing.
Passport
ID card
FRC.
7 days to submit and the clock will restart.
I can not get any of the above as was on refugee status.
I should have submitted the declaration when applying.
Now tomorrow I will submit a declaration regarding why I can not submit these documents.
Also there is a solicitor who will give the 7 days notice to decide my application as it's not fair to wait 2 1/2 months for this answer and again to be put in the que for another 2 months.

Update regarding a friend.
Expected date 12 Oct
We chatted today and was told that it is being processed. He went after them and some remarks about their performance. With in one hour he got the email asking for further documents. IE nicop, FRC
Guys this is too much and need to stop.