ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on Stamp 4EUFAM refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fpascussi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Clarification on Stamp 4EUFAM refusal

Post by fpascussi » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Hi guys,

I've been living in Ireland for the past 9 years and got my Stamp 4 EUFAM visa 6 years ago, I've applied online for the renewal on September 19 days before the expiry date on 26/09/2021 but it was refused due to an incorrect option I chose.

So I've applied again on November 6th and got another refusal email today saying that I need a new permission letter from EUTR to renew my registration. Does anyone know what that means?

I don't have a NEW permission letter and have no idea when or why I was supposed to receive that before applying for the renewal? I only have two immigration letters received 6 years ago when I was granted the Stamp 4 visa and have included them on my application.

Me and my husband are in Brazil at the moment and we have our flight back to Ireland on February 12th, due to family emergencies we're not able to go back before the date the permissions have been extended on January 15th, so I'm concerned if I will be able to enter the country without issues.

Thanks in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Clarification on Stamp 4EUFAM refusal

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:58 pm

fpascussi wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 pm
Me and my husband are in Brazil at the moment and we have our flight back to Ireland on February 12th, due to family emergencies we're not able to go back before the date the permissions have been extended on January 15th, so I'm concerned if I will be able to enter the country without issues.
There is another extension till May 31st.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/notice- ... mber-2021/

fpascussi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fpascussi » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:24 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:58 pm
fpascussi wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I've read about this extension last month but there is some conflicting information. According to this link here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/ministe ... rmissions/

it says that: If you plan on returning to Ireland after 15 January 2022, you must have a valid IRP. Otherwise, you must apply for a visa to enter Ireland.

But it's also mentioned that: you do not need a re-entry visa to return to Ireland if you have an IRP that expired on or after 20 March 2020. (mine was expired on September 2021)

So I'm very confused and worried if I'll be able to go back without issues or not! :/

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:17 am

fpascussi wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:24 pm
meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:58 pm
fpascussi wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I've read about this extension last month but there is some conflicting information. According to this link here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/ministe ... rmissions/

it says that: If you plan on returning to Ireland after 15 January 2022, you must have a valid IRP. Otherwise, you must apply for a visa to enter Ireland.

But it's also mentioned that: you do not need a re-entry visa to return to Ireland if you have an IRP that expired on or after 20 March 2020. (mine was expired on September 2021)

So I'm very confused and worried if I'll be able to go back without issues or not! :/
This is indeed a weird one. Possibly they just didn't want to clarify to the airlines that they extended it all again.
On the other hand, as you're Brazilian, you should be able to enter the country without a visa anyway. If you can back up your case that you weren't able to return before 15th due to solid reasons, I would hope that you'll be fine.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:07 am

You cannot renew a 5 year stamp 4 eu fam, you need to apply for permanent residence with a eu 3 form...