ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR application question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: LTR application question

Post by mentalmind » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 am

It just says that I was granted 5 years of residence permit starting from the date of this letter. The letter is dated 21st of June 2022, so whenever I renew it, it will be till 21st of June 2027.

I asked for appointment from Garda station and they didn't say no, so we will see.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: LTR application question

Post by jesonnn » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:13 am

gaweed wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:23 am
mentalmind wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:02 am
I got the approval letter today (took 1 week after sending the payment). Only important thing I would like to note is, the 5 year long term residence date starts from the date of the letter, so for my case it's till June 2027. But because I already have active Stamp 4 till May 2023, it's like 1 year of it is wasted. Anyone considering to apply for LTR should keep that in mind. I was expecting that they will add 5 years on top of my current residence permit expiry that but it's not the case.
Congratulations!! Wish you the same for citizenship app.
Does it state a time frame that you must register it with immigration office or it is up to you to register anytime?
You can register anytime, but it will still be valid from date the letter is issued, it will not extend your current stamp, so if granted on 1st July 2022,will be valid until 30th June 2027,with no exclusion