ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by 11070 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:52 am

Has anyone applied through an embassy before?

My issue date is overdue by a week, however the normal communication channel has asked me to go through the embassy as it's not possible for review...What's the usual steps from here?

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:22 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:16 am
Gocho77 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:30 am
When you get your citizenship certificate, you IRP card is automatically cancel? Can you travel abroad and come back using your home country passport and IRP card? Or you need to get your irish passport in order to be able to return.
Has anybody travel after getting the citizenship with the home country passport and IRP card? If you could, your country passport need a Visa for Ireland?
I think you had to send in your IRP up until covid times with the 950 euro fee, hence I would assume it is not valid.
ISD wants you to apply for a single entry visa if you wish to travel, but that's quite a challenge.
In theory, since there's no freely accessible option to check your IRP online, you can try to carry it with you and board the flight to Ireland if it's still in date, but not sure if that'll be accepted on Irish border.
When I had to pay the Fee for the Irish certificate, they didn’t ask for my IRP, just a copy both sides of it. I received my Citizenship certificate on 30th of May and Apply for my Irish passport. But it won’t arrive on time for my travel. Which is kind of an emergency.

My guess is that it won’t be a problem to board a plane back to here. But in borders control in Ireland, if I am an Irish citizen, they should be able to verify if I show them a certified copy of my naturalization certificate. Hence, they should let me in.

I was looking if I can get a return visa or a stamp 6 in my passport. But as usual, no answer to mails I have sent to them. In any case either the visa or stamp 6 requires sending my country passport (and naturalization certificate for stamp 6) and wait probably for 2 months for the return.

If they indeed cancel my IRP card is very heartless of them knowing that you could be without way to get an alternative for around 4 months from the time you pay the fee to get the citizenship.

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:39 pm

brainiacghost wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:28 am
My estimated issue date was yesterday and I'm still on processing. I spoke to webchat and they've not been able to give me any further information.
To update on this, my status changed to printing today. As I'm abroad, I don't have a TD, so on the 18th June (a week after my estimated issues date) I contacted a senator. He was very helpful, and queried with the passport office directly - as my estimated issue date had passed, he informed me that they had escalated my application because this was after the estimated issue date (this reply was received on the 23rd June).

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:41 pm

andy0222 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:27 pm
V3rvangen wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:51 am
Thanks for the reply! Could I just ask where that information is from?
On my application form it says the following:

1) Citizenship and identity documents: passport or national ID card. If resident outside of the state, certified copies of ID are accepted.
But then on the citizenship category documents it says:
2) FBR certificate AND original passport from country of birth (if you have one).

It seems from the first category, it will be fine with a certified copy of my passport, but as it doesn't have the same info about certified copies in the second category, I'm just wondering whether the same applies.
You’ll have to send in your original document if applying via FBR w/o a PPS card. The first category is sufficient for those born on the island of Ireland, where they have access the birth records.

For FBR and naturalisation routes, both need to send in original passport, or a certified copy + a regular copy of the PPS card. You can check 2021 + 2022 posts about this. Basically, they want to make sure that someone from a their agency or the DSP agency has physically seen your original passport at some point (To get a PPS card, you need to go to their office in person with your passport)
just wanted to pick up on this - I am applying via FBR without a PPS card. I only sent in a certified copy of my passport and my status has just changed to printing and I wasn't asked to submit any further documentation.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm

brainiacghost wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:41 pm
andy0222 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:27 pm
V3rvangen wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:51 am
Thanks for the reply! Could I just ask where that information is from?
On my application form it says the following:

1) Citizenship and identity documents: passport or national ID card. If resident outside of the state, certified copies of ID are accepted.
But then on the citizenship category documents it says:
2) FBR certificate AND original passport from country of birth (if you have one).

It seems from the first category, it will be fine with a certified copy of my passport, but as it doesn't have the same info about certified copies in the second category, I'm just wondering whether the same applies.
You’ll have to send in your original document if applying via FBR w/o a PPS card. The first category is sufficient for those born on the island of Ireland, where they have access the birth records.

For FBR and naturalisation routes, both need to send in original passport, or a certified copy + a regular copy of the PPS card. You can check 2021 + 2022 posts about this. Basically, they want to make sure that someone from a their agency or the DSP agency has physically seen your original passport at some point (To get a PPS card, you need to go to their office in person with your passport)
just wanted to pick up on this - I am applying via FBR without a PPS card. I only sent in a certified copy of my passport and my status has just changed to printing and I wasn't asked to submit any further documentation.
What day did you send it? just to know how long did it take the whole process. Thanks

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:42 pm

yomariano05 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm
What day did you send it? just to know how long did it take the whole process. Thanks
11/04/2022 was when I submitted online, but documents didn't arrive in Ireland until 26/04/2022 because I caught COVID at an inopportune time!

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:02 am

So after being stuck for 10 days on "Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application." I decided to call the office this time. They said everything is going normal, they will update my tracker and if they need something they would ask me in the next couple of weeks. They also said they would update my tracker but right now is still showing the same message. I also got an estimate date for the 21/07.

I interacted with them on both call and web chat this week, from my experience the call gave me more confidence that they are doing something.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:04 am

mads32 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:02 am
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application." I decided to call the office this time. They said everything is going normal, they will update my tracker and if they need something they would ask me in the next couple of weeks. They also said they would update my tracker but right now is still showing the same message. I also got an estimate date for the 21/07.

I interacted with them on both call and web chat this week, from my experience the call gave me more confidence that they are doing something.
We are on the same road man, 10 days and no update from the tracker... we just have to wait. This is a never end story..

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:16 am

Yeah my plan now is to call them in two weeks if nothing changes on the tracker.

Kyrahkenya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kyrahkenya » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:45 pm

Hi All , can some one clarify this for me please , once the tracker alert goes to processing application, does that mean they are happy with documents and next alert is printing ? Is there a possibility they might ask for more documents? I’m traveling and praying I get my passport. My estimate date is 08/07 and I’m traveling 16/07 😬

Applied on 23/05 my tracker has been on documents verification since 08/06 stuck on 60% today changed to processing application.

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:51 pm

Kyrahkenya wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:45 pm
Hi All , can some one clarify this for me please , once the tracker alert goes to processing application, does that mean they are happy with documents and next alert is printing ? Is there a possibility they might ask for more documents? I’m traveling and praying I get my passport. My estimate date is 08/07 and I’m traveling 16/07 😬

Applied on 23/05 my tracker has been on documents verification since 08/06 stuck on 60% today changed to processing application.
I applied back in March. It went into processing and the day before estimated delivery they asked for more documents. I got my passport a month later. I had not included proof of address and copy of public service card.

Kyrahkenya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kyrahkenya » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Thank you for your response Hannah , that’s proper frustrating . I called them to ask them for my Kenyan passport so I can travel with that they said they can not do that as documents are send back after you receive your Irish passport and advised me to call them back on the due date if it has not arrived , just doesn’t give much time as we travel like 8 days later . We literally won’t have time to chase it . Our flights been booked since last year. I do not have the heart to tell my son sorry we can not go .

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Kyrahkenya wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:06 pm
Thank you for your response Hannah , that’s proper frustrating . I called them to ask them for my Kenyan passport so I can travel with that they said they can not do that as documents are send back after you receive your Irish passport and advised me to call them back on the due date if it has not arrived , just doesn’t give much time as we travel like 8 days later . We literally won’t have time to chase it . Our flights been booked since last year. I do not have the heart to tell my son sorry we can not go .
You will have your passport then. Fingers crossed. If they ask for more documents they usually send your original documents before they issue the irish passport as they'd already verified them. Any that's what they did with my application. Good luck!

Kyrahkenya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kyrahkenya » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:42 pm

Thank you Hannah :-)

Little update status changed to printing this afternoon 🤞🏿

Lostboy2022
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lostboy2022 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Could someone please advise, I can't find the answer by searching the forum or google:

While applying for the first-time passport, based on naturalisation cert. and Ireland residency - do we need to submit an original passport of the home country or certified 'copy' will be sufficient?

thank you

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:44 pm

Kyrahkenya wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:42 pm
Thank you Hannah :-)

Little update status changed to printing this afternoon 🤞🏿
You will have it tomorrow. Well done

Kyrahkenya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kyrahkenya » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Thanks Hannah, All the best :-) please God they dispatched it today .

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:43 am

mads32 wrote:

Any updates on your tracker? Mine still the same. Rang them again this morning they said it's normal with first time applicants... they received the documents but they have not been scanned yet... imagine...

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:36 am

Imagine.. before they had the covid excuse. Now they are exposed as the way they work.

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:57 am

HannahNkunga12 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:43 am
mads32 wrote:

Any updates on your tracker? Mine still the same. Rang them again this morning they said it's normal with first time applicants... they received the documents but they have not been scanned yet... imagine...
No updates. It's stressful to say the least. It's not normal, check the passport timeline tracker thread, people getting their statuses changing to verifying super fast, like a day or two after they arrive and we are stuck here. Two weeks today since they got my documents.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:52 pm

Funny enough people on Reddit happy that their renewal passport showed up at their door in 24 hours and saying people not giving enough credit to passport department.

They don't even have any clue about the first time applications.

md301291
Newly Registered

Post by md301291 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:35 am

I was told via live chat today that first time applications from the UK are running 4-6 weeks behind their estimated issue date.

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:12 am

md301291 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:35 am
I was told via live chat today that first time applications from the UK are running 4-6 weeks behind their estimated issue date.
Is this because passport applications from the UK are handled by Balbriggan as opposed to Dublin?

When I posted my documents to Balbriggan at the end of May, both An Post and Royal Mail subsequently showed that the documents had been delivered to "Dublin". How could this happen? Does Balbriggan sometimes request An Post to redirect ist incoming post to Dublin, for example if their queue of applications is too large?

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:54 pm

md301291 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:35 am
I don’t understand what the point of even providing an estimated issue date or average turn around time if they are so far off from reality. It only leads to disappointment and confusion.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:35 pm

That's what i said today to the guys in the chat.. 15 days and no documents verification with the 20th of July as delivery date (13 days). They will not meet that deadline. They said that if I dont receive the passport by that date they will put my application under review..... Completely no sense everything they say and do.