ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by _pikachu » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:53 am

The passport timeline thread can only be used to post timelines, so I'm hoping this thread takes off for further discussions. :lol:

I'll start...
My application was received 2 weeks 4 days ago, a day after sending it. I found this out through the passport tracker. Since then, it has been stuck on "Processing application...We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents."

My questions are...
1. When did you apply?

2. How long did it take for you to get your original passport and supporting documents back?

3. For those who were requested to submit additional information, what did they request and how long after application submission was this request made?

4. Did your issue date change?

5. How soon after issuing did the passport take to arrive?

G Dog
Ireland

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by G Dog » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:52 pm

To answer your questions:

1- applied online 23/09/21

2-original documents returned 10/01/22

3- additional information requested 20/12/21 (sent in to them that day too)

4- new documents received and went to back of queue. New issue date 08/03/22. Still waiting, and still says application being processed. Progress bar still around 60%

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:02 pm

G Dog wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:52 pm

4- new documents received and went to back of queue. New issue date 08/03/22. Still waiting, and still says application being processed. Progress bar still around 60%
Wow that's a long wait :shock:

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:50 am

G Dog wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:52 pm

Were you able to get ahold of anyone via webchat or voice call? Webchat was closed, so I called today because my tracker bar has been stuck on verifying for 2 weeks and 5 days. Voice automated call says a review can be made if the delay is longer than expected issue date, only if the tracker shows "being processed". If it's at "verifying", they can't review to see what's the hold up. I read on the passport page that this is the order...

"Application received: We have received your Passport Online application. We cannot process it until you send us, by post, the required supporting documents.
Alert: We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.
Processing application: Your application is being processed.
Printing: Your Passport book is being printed. Any documents submitted will be returned separately."

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:32 pm

Yes...I've been through to the webchat and they are pretty useless tbh. Three weeks ago the person I chatted with agreed it had been a long wait, explained there had been IT issues and would escalate the matter. I chatted with them again last week and was advised that it had indeed been escalated, but they also said once it has been escalated it can take time before someone looks at it🤔.....nearly a 7 month wait now for what should be a standard and straightforward application.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:01 am

G Dog wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:32 pm
Yes...I've been through to the webchat and they are pretty useless tbh. Three weeks ago the person I chatted with agreed it had been a long wait, explained there had been IT issues and would escalate the matter. I chatted with them again last week and was advised that it had indeed been escalated, but they also said once it has been escalated it can take time before someone looks at it🤔.....nearly a 7 month wait now for what should be a standard and straightforward application.
Snooped on the 2021 passport application tracking and see that your application was cancelled! That's ridiculous. Sorry that this has happened to you. Are you going to reapply or wait awhile? I read an article the other day and the person incharge of the passport department is adamant there is no backlog. :|

Luckily for me, my application has finally moved from "verifying documents" to "processing"

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:16 am

Yes, I reapplied straight away again yesterday. I'm flying out to Spain on Friday, so need my UK passport for that. Once I get back I'm sending all my documents back into Dublin.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 am

My application was received 1 month and 4 days ago...

My original passport hasn't been mailed back. My application has been on "processing application" for 6 working days thus far. How long does it take to get the original passport back? Holidays are fast approaching.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:22 am

I used the webchat on Monday and told the lady i needed my original passport as i need to travel to see my sick parents. Today i received my original passport and all my original documents.

My concern is, they returned documents that was certified by garda, does that mean my application will continue to be processed without the documents? My application status says: "processing application". Already passed the verifying documents stage. Now (1 month, 2weeks and 3 days). I applied in February 2022.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:06 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 am

My original passport hasn't been mailed back. My application has been on "processing application" for 6 working days thus far. How long does it take to get the original passport back? Holidays are fast approaching.
Do you not have a Public Services Card? If you have you do not need to send your original passport.

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:29 am

I have sent a copy of PSC card along with other documents. Kept my original passport with me since I had to travel. The application status in now Processing.
Today I was planning to renew my driving license and have to send my original passport along with irp card to NDLS.
So I spoke to customer support team asking if my document verification is done so I can send my original passport to NDLS, just to make sure the verification is done and they wont need any document and got following reply.

"Your application is currently with the entitlement team. If there are any issues with your documents you will be emailed. I would advise you to check your spam emails as well just in case."

I think I will renew my driving license next week or once the application status changes to Printing

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:21 pm

NF13 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:06 pm
_pikachu wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 am

Do you not have a Public Services Card? If you have you do not need to send your original passport.
I recall reading that on a paper that came with my passport or maybe on the passport website, however, once you get to the stage of submitting additional info to the passport department, as a first time applicant via naturalisation, the passport is required. The PPS card is said to help process it faster, so I included that as well.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:39 pm

Typo, but can't edit my last post.
"
I recall reading that on a paper that came with my **naturalisation certificate or maybe on the passport website, however, once you get to the stage of submitting additional info to the passport department, as a first time applicant via naturalisation, the passport is required. The PPS card is said to help process it faster, so I included that as well.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:12 pm

Out of curiosity did anyone ever apply for Irish passport without having to submit their original passport along with application?

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:54 am

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:12 pm
Out of curiosity did anyone ever apply for Irish passport without having to submit their original passport along with application?
Was just wondering the same thing. Has anyone successfully received an Irish passport without submitting their original passport?

After paying for the fee in the online portal, you'll get an email linking you to a print out sheet and it includes all the things you are to submit. It stated I had to submit my original passport, so I did. Didn't wanna wait a month or more only to get denied, especially since summer is approaching and passport applications are pouring in the more we're inching towards summer.

Zancolfry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Zancolfry » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:14 pm

The people who I've seen post that they sent certified copies of their passports looked to be FBRs or people living in other countries. It appears that if you are applying from another country, you aren't requested to send your other passport unless it is being sent as a form of ID.

As a naturalized citizen living in Ireland, my list of required documents indicated my original passport be sent in. That said, I have travel in June that has been booked for over a year. I couldn't take the chance of there being an issue with my application and my passport being held on to for months on end. So I sent a certified copy of my US passport instead of the original.

I'm still in the verifying documents stage. I was going to wait to see what happened before I posted about sending the certified copy, but since this question popped up I figured I'd add my two cents. If the original is requested, I'll wait until after my June travel and send it in. I'll still be within the six months.

As we are all citizens requesting first-time passports, I find it odd that different documents are requested, but that is probably a whole thread on its own.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:34 pm

Yes, I've noticed that to. The folks not submitting the passport seems to be abroad.

How long ago did you apply? I applied March 9th, expected to have my passport by the beginning of May. I've holidays in May that I meant to have taken in 2020. Hoping all goes well with the passport application.

Please keep posted on how your application turns out in the end, as I'm curious to see how the certified documents route goes. I didn't know the option existed, just did what the application requested.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:45 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:34 pm
Yes, I've noticed that to. The folks not submitting the passport seems to be abroad.

How long ago did you apply? I applied March 9th, expected to have my passport by the beginning of May. I've holidays in May that I meant to have taken in 2020. Hoping all goes well with the passport application.

Please keep posted on how your application turns out in the end, as I'm curious to see how the certified documents route goes. I didn't know the option existed, just did what the application requested.
Just fyi - I sent only a notarized copy of my US Passport. No problem getting Irish passport

jgclancy

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:45 pm
_pikachu wrote:

Just fyi - I sent only a notarized copy of my US Passport. No problem getting Irish passport

jgclancy
That's awesome. Were you residing in Ireland at the time you sent in the notarised copy? I didn't know that was an option until recently, already applied by that stage. :lol:

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:57 am

_pikachu wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 pm
jgclancy wrote:
_pikachu wrote:

jgclancy
That's awesome. Were you residing in Ireland at the time you sent in the notarised copy? I didn't know that was an option until recently, already applied by that stage. :lol:
No. My residence at the time was New York City. As I try to tell people - once a document is notarized then government agencies are happier. It makes it official. To deny it would be to basically accuse you of fraud. And, as always, more is better so if they don't like one document that's easy. But rejecting more is not as likely.

I just obtained my passport card -2 months after they mailed it due to failures of the US Postal system. All behind me now so good luck to all and that' sit for me

jgclancy

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:30 am

jgclancy wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:57 am
_pikachu wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 pm
jgclancy wrote:
_pikachu wrote:

jgclancy
No. My residence at the time was New York City. As I try to tell people - once a document is notarized then government agencies are happier. It makes it official. To deny it would be to basically accuse you of fraud. And, as always, more is better so if they don't like one document that's easy. But rejecting more is not as likely.

I just obtained my passport card -2 months after they mailed it due to failures of the US Postal system. All behind me now so good luck to all and that' sit for me

jgclancy
Zancolfry touched on the question I also have. I noticed posts on here about notarised copies tending to be from people who are abroad(not in Ireland). I wonder if anyone in Ireland has been successful at notarised copies instead of the original passport.

Low key want to cancel my application and re-submit as it's been well over a month, vey close to the expected issue date, with no update on my tracker. :lol:

Good luck on your endeavours, jgclancy. It's good that you have it all sorted, no more waiting for citizenship or a passport.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 am

Notarized documents if accepted by applicants outside Ireland then should be accepted within Ireland also. Otherwise, it is biased to give special treatment isnt it?

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 am

NF13 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 am
Notarized documents if accepted by applicants outside Ireland then should be accepted within Ireland also. Otherwise, it is biased to give special treatment isnt it?
Born citizens of Ireland can move to another country and not inform the State of this. Naturalised citizens have to inform the State if they move abroad, not sure if it's forever or for the first 7 years of naturalisation. Seems bias, but that's the way it goes.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:41 am

Tried editing my last post to include this, but was too late...

***UPDATE***

I finally got ahold of the chat team. They repeated what the tracker says, when my estimate date is. It has been clarified that Issuing Date=Printing Date. They said my application seems to have no reason for delay, everything is running smoothly, and I'm near the end of the "processing stage". They said this late in the stages, I can get my original passport back and it would not delay or cancel my passport application. :shock:
Otherwise, it would be returned 20 days after my Irish passport is issued.

Saved the chat, just in case

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:46 am

_pikachu wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 am
NF13 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 am
Born citizens of Ireland can move to another country and not inform the State of this. Naturalised citizens have to inform the State if they move abroad, not sure if it's forever or for the first 7 years of naturalisation. Seems bias, but that's the way it goes.
If they're out of the country for more than 7 years, they have to submit a declaration that they want to keep their citizenship annually, so it's the first way.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.