ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dublin IRP renew timeline please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oliviajjjjjj
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by oliviajjjjjj » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:23 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: I submitted the IRP online renewal form on the 12th of March, didn't get any acknowledgement number email till now (12th of April)
The condition of my form is 'submitted' and never changed. Tried to go to the office and emailed, but neither helped.
Can someone renew their IRP in Dublin successfully share the timeline? Try to figure out how long I can get the thing done.
Thanks

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Dublin IRP renew timeline please

Post by mentalmind » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:55 am

Please check Irish Immigration website: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... al-dublin/

Registration Office, ISD is currently experiencing a high demand for online registration renewals. Please note that the current processing time is approximately 9 to 10 working weeks.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm

Applied three times at this point. Took me a bit more than 2 months to receive a refused email (applied - 2 months - refusal, applied again - 2 months - refusal), before I got an approved one in the same timeframe (applied - 2 months - approval email, still waiting for IRP). Might be even worse now with extension deadline coming to an end. As mentalmind mentioned, Ireland is just not coping.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

oliviajjjjjj
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by oliviajjjjjj » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:20 am

I booked the flight for the 5th of June, I am so worried if I can't get my IRP on time. Applied 3 months beforehand. This is insane.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:14 am

I didn't do the math (just add 10 weeks after your IRP renewal application) and if it's not before your travel date maybe you can try to apply for multi entry visa? You can show your plane tickets (and when you bought them) and maybe it might work? Just an idea.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:35 am

I expect youll have news in mid May and if approved - IRP in early June. Might be a matter of days. unfortunately.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:38 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm
Applied three times at this point. Took me a bit more than 2 months to receive a refused email (applied - 2 months - refusal, applied again - 2 months - refusal), before I got an approved one in the same timeframe (applied - 2 months - approval email, still waiting for IRP). Might be even worse now with extension deadline coming to an end. As mentalmind mentioned, Ireland is just not coping.
Got IRP today, took 8 working days.

larougastro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by larougastro » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:36 pm

Submitted my online renewal on 06/04/2022. Have received acknowledgment email but have not heard anything or received anything since.

oliviajjjjjj
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by oliviajjjjjj » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:46 pm

larougastro wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:36 pm
Submitted my online renewal on 06/04/2022. Have received acknowledgment email but have not heard anything or received anything since.
You are so lucky, I haven't got anything yet and it's nearly one month and a half now

oliviajjjjjj
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by oliviajjjjjj » Thu May 05, 2022 12:47 pm

05/05/2022 8weeks no update.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu May 05, 2022 11:43 pm

Hi Olivia,

The same happened with me this morning.
I tried to register and paid 300 for the renewal, the payment was processed but i havent received any acknowledgement or OREG reference number.
The application is sitting in submitted.

I notice that a transaction of 300 appeared in my bank account in the name of the department of Justice but when i go into the transaction it shows me the status of payment still pending ny the merchant ? whereas the last page on inis.jahs website clearly processed the transaction. Not sure but this may be the reason i havent recieved any acknowledgement e-mail.

Have you tried to register a second time ? i know this may not be ideal paying 300 euros again but they never reply to e-mails.
Please let me know.
Thankyou

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:16 am

An update to my last post.

I got an acknowledgement email this morning.
But i wrote an email to iniscustomercomplaints@justice.ie

oliviajjjjjj
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by oliviajjjjjj » Fri May 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Third email sent, no reply
Last edited by oliviajjjjjj on Fri May 06, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliviajjjjjj
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by oliviajjjjjj » Fri May 06, 2022 12:47 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:16 am
An update to my last post.

I got an acknowledgement email this morning.
But i wrote an email to iniscustomercomplaints@justice.ie
Thank you I will do it too

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:48 pm

Sorry i didnt realise, your case is a bit serious. No acknowledgement after 6 weeks.
Yes you can e-mail like the way i did, i wrote an email last night and this morning they sent me an acknowledgement i hope you get the same response BUT i would say wait for a day and two and renew it again by which i mean start a fresh application. dont mind the 300 as you may be waiting many weeks. Also have a look and see if the transaction is still pending (you can do this by opening the transaction info from your bank account mobile app.) If it is pending than start a new application also use mozilla as your web browser as i had trouble using google chrome when i was trying to register.
Hope the above helps.

Good luck

larougastro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by larougastro » Mon May 09, 2022 8:59 am

Sent my renewal application on 06/Apr/2022.

Contacted them this morning to see the story with my application and this is response I received:
Dear Name

Due to the large number of renewal applications being received processing times are currently 8 to 9 working weeks. Applications are processed in chronological order. Your application will be processed as soon as we reach you in the queue.

Please note, as is stated on the email you received, your IRP card will arrive to the address you provided on the application form within 10-15 working days of your application being processed and approved by processing officer.

If there are any issues with your application, a member of staff will contact you via email. Please ensure to check your spam/junk mail folders also as they may be sent there inadvertently.

Regards,
Registration Office Support Team

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu May 12, 2022 12:17 pm

employment permit IRP application submitted on 23/03/3022. Ackn was received straight away.

And today I have received email;

We have approved your application for renewal of your permission and you will receive your new Irish Residence Permit (IRP) card within the next 10-15 working days. The IRP card will be delivered by express post to the address given previously on your application form.

so total time I believe 1 month and 20 days for processing.. Now IRP card to arrive.

tdawg101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tdawg101 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:12 am

Hi Olivia,

I just wanted to say I'm pretty much in the same boat. Submitted renewal application on 12th of March, have sent multiple emails, as well as the complaint email. Zero response. Have a flight booked for the 5th of June Assuming the 8-10 weeks of processing is true, we should be receiving our IRP cards early June, but that's assuming the office has a bare minimum of competence. My plan at the moment is to apply for a multi re entry visa on the last day of May if I have not received an acknowledgement email. If you happen to receive an acknowledgement email, please let me know.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue May 17, 2022 12:45 am

Hi,

Is anybody applied for online renewal early than in the last month before the IRP expiry?
As far as I understand the online IRP renewal can be submitted only within the month before the expiry date, isn't it?
Will the renewal processing delay be treated as a registration gap from the next month?

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Mon May 23, 2022 4:23 pm

oliviajjjjjj wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:47 pm
05/05/2022 8weeks no update.
Hi any update?

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Mon May 23, 2022 4:28 pm

Hi
I applied for online renewal stamp4 22/03/22
Same day Acknowledgement
Nothing yet

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm

The new announcement about IRP renewal was published today on the inis website.
This part about right to work during renewal is most interesting:

--------------
Please note that ISD is experiencing a very large volume of applications the current processing time to renew a permission is 10 weeks. It can then take a further two weeks to receive a new IRP card. If your employee’s IRP card has expired and they are unable to obtain a valid registration card by 31 May 2022, they are still legally permitted to remain in the State provided they show proof that they have applied to renew their registration and are waiting for it to be processed. All renewals are processed online and applicants are issued with a receipt of application and a unique application number (OREG number).

Prospective employees intending to take up employment under these arrangements should print this notice and present it if requested by their employer.

Kbhattik
Ireland

Post by Kbhattik » Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 pm

Hi,

I applied for stamp4 renewal on 25/03/22. Got acknowledgment email same day.

Still waiting for approval email and IRP.

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Tue May 24, 2022 10:31 am

Kbhattik wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 pm
Hi,

I called the immigration office today, the officer told me that they are working on the application in March time frame. I assume you should receive the card soon? Could you provide an update once you get the confirmation e-mail of the irp being processed? My application is on 22/04/2022, hoping to get an idea of when i will be able to receive it. thanks

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue May 24, 2022 10:47 am

Kbhattik wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 pm
Hi,

30/03/2022 - IRP renewal, got an acknowledgment, and nothing more.
06/05/2022 - IRP renewal, got an acknowledgment, and nothing more.