ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding ticket after application submission

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

youngmoon
Ireland

Speeding ticket after application submission

Post by youngmoon » Sat May 28, 2022 7:00 pm

I got a speeding ticket and 3 penalty points this week after the application submission in March. Do I need to update this to the immigration department? If so, how I can inform this?

Also, how does it affects the ability to get citizenship? Can anyone share their experience?

avta
Ireland

Re: Speeding ticket after application submission

Post by avta » Sun May 29, 2022 10:09 pm

Hey,

This is the most difficult and also the very common case.
One of the possible solutions/advice is to update the ISD with the "apology letter" and "the good character characteristic from the Ireland colleagues".
It can be done by yourself or you can ask an immigration solicitor for help.
You can also request FOI from Garda, or ask some friend's company to do the Vetting for you, to get complete information on what actually present in the database and the Vetting response about this.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Mon May 30, 2022 2:43 pm

Thanks. I got the ticket issued by the garda themselves on the day before yesterday. I'm expecting the fine notice from them this week and will pay it. So, it should be there in their records anyway.

I will try to get a good character report from my colleagues and send it to ISD. Shall I send it by post or do we have any email addresses?

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon May 30, 2022 3:56 pm

youngmoon wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:43 pm
Thanks. I got the ticket issued by the garda themselves on the day before yesterday. I'm expecting the fine notice from them this week and will pay it. So, it should be there in their records anyway.

I will try to get a good character report from my colleagues and send it to ISD. Shall I send it by post or do we have any email addresses?
Just wait for the payment to be done and send them all the things together.
I don't know if they actually check the post early than in the half-year queue, but
they definitely monitor the e-mail "citizenshipinfo@justice.ie" and even answering time to time.
So you can scan the letters/docs/ticket/payment and send them "update information" for your application.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Tue May 31, 2022 7:41 am

Sure! Will do and update the outcomes here

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:48 am

I got the reply from the ISD that they can engage further in my application amendments only after the initial assessment is done and the reference number is sent.