ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 expires soon and I’ve applied for renewal. Dose anyone know the answer to below two questions?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

OzAsh
Newly Registered
Australia

Stamp 4 expires soon and I’ve applied for renewal. Dose anyone know the answer to below two questions?

Post by OzAsh » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:36 am

Morning

My Stamp 4 expires mid on July
I’m the renewal has been applied and paid for and I have received my OREG number

Whilst this is processing and I’m unlikely to receive new card before current one expires am I able to
A) continue working
B) I’m due to travel to Portugal on the 29th after my card expires - will I be able to re enter Ireland ?

I can’t see definite answers to this online so any help will be greatly appreciated

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Stamp 4 expires soon and I’ve applied for renewal. Dose anyone know the answer to below two questions?

Post by mentalmind » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 am

A) yes (provide OREG number to your employer in case needed)
B) no (without re-entry visa)

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 expires soon and I’ve applied for renewal. Dose anyone know the answer to below two questions?

Post by jesonnn » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 am

mentalmind wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 am
For B) actually normal entry visa, since re-entry can be obtained within the State only. Minister has answered on that question, you need to apply on entry normal visa in the country of destination to be able to come in to Ireland

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:25 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 am
mentalmind wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 am
For B) actually normal entry visa, since re-entry can be obtained within the State only. Minister has answered on that question, you need to apply on entry normal visa in the country of destination to be able to come in to Ireland
Not sure where you saw that but this is incorrect. OP is in the state and should apply for a re-entry visa.

OzAsh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by OzAsh » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Folks thanks for the answers
I’ll have a chat with HR at work and see what they say. Has anyone been in this situation recently??
How long does a re entry visa take(and yes I’m traveling from Ireland to Portugal and back to Ireland)
Thanks again

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:43 pm

See this thread for re-entry visa discussions.

Re-entry visas are issued in Burgh Quay office right away, but you can’t just walk in there and ask for one. You have to prepare few documents and prove that you have legal permissions to live in Ireland, but you won’t have an IRP card in time for travel.

post2068648.html#p2068648