ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Freddy mercury
Newly Registered
Ireland

Options.

Post by Freddy mercury » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:52 am

Hi.
My husband holds stamp 4 as spouse of Irish national. I am Irish national so are our two kids.My other half has been on stamp 4 for quiet a while I think it's something like 6/7 years we know you can apply for citizenship after three years just that he has some convictions in the state from quiet a while ago I think may be 12/13 years ago something like public order/traffic offences as to why he seems reluctant to apply for citizenship so I was wondering if there's any other avenues like permanent residence or long term leave to remain as a spouse of Irish national ?any help/advise will be sincerely appreciated.
Kind regards.

Gocho77
Columbia

Re: Options.

Post by Gocho77 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 am

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:01 am

Have you checked this page: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... /#required
Without Condition As To Time permission is only granted when Immigration Service Delivery is satisfied that you are of good character. If you do not tell us about any criminal convictions your application will be refused. We will consider each case on its merits but it is likely that if you have been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland, you will not be granted Without Condition As To Time permission.
Citizenship, Long Term Residence, Without condition to stay (permanent residence) all requires you to list your previous convictions. So your spouse will have to list all his/her convictions, and it's up to department to grant or refuse.

Maybe you can talk with a solicitor to discuss his/her convictions and see if there is a workaround by a remorse letter or some opportunity to show that the applicant is a good character?

Otherwise you can just apply by yourself and see if it will be approved or refused.

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:06 am

Probably talk with a solicitor expert on immigration, but I would apply for Irish residence, if approved he is done and set. If not, they won't deport him because of that. Hence in the worst case scenario he will be the same.

At the end probably talk with some expert in immigration.

Freddy mercury
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Freddy mercury » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:22 am

Thanks so much for prompt and kind advise.I did look up the links much appreciated when he was initially granted stamp 4 all convictions were disclosed and they granted him stamp 4 so Its not the case that the department is not aware of them. Long story short even though immigration were made aware of or full disclosure was made by him for his convictions in his first application for stamp 4 and they still approved it let's say if he was to either apply for stamp5 or ltr can they be still a hinderance.
All your kind advise is truly appreciated.
Kind regards