ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About the oldest Stamp start date for the Naturalisation Residency Calculation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

About the oldest Stamp start date for the Naturalisation Residency Calculation

Post by yuki_vm » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:23 pm

Hi All,

Just a matter of interest - when we use the 'Naturalisation Residency Calculator', we need to select the start and the end date of the stamp you had for that year.
In my case, I was on a critical skill visa from June 2020 to June 2022.
The start date of my 1st stamp 1 card was supposed to be in June 2020, but due to the change of the online IRP renewal during the covid time, I was only able to get my stamp 1 IRP in Oct. My 1st stamp was valid from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021. Then, my second stamp 1 IRP card was from Oct 2021 to June 2022(Since my critical skill visa ended in June this year).

If I apply for Irish citizenship in the future, should I calculate from the date in June 2020 or Oct 2020?

Thank you!

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: About the oldest Stamp start date for the Naturalisation Residency Calculation

Post by mentalmind » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:37 pm

The main reference point is the first stamp in your passport when you are registered for the first time. The difference is only 4 months so I would count it as October 2022. But you can also try to explain your situation and mention covid time in your cover letter. (if you really want)

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: About the oldest Stamp start date for the Naturalisation Residency Calculation

Post by jesonnn » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:23 pm
Hi All,

Just a matter of interest - when we use the 'Naturalisation Residency Calculator', we need to select the start and the end date of the stamp you had for that year.
The start date of my 1st stamp 1 card was supposed to be in June 2020, but due to the change of the online IRP renewal during the covid time, I was only able to get my stamp 1 IRP in Oct. My 1st stamp was valid from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021. Then, my second stamp 1 IRP card was from Oct 2021 to June 2022(Since my critical skill visa ended in June this year).

If I apply for Irish citizenship in the future, should I calculate from the date in June 2020 or Oct 2020?

Thank you!
To say about my application - I have same situation and put to the citizenship application date of new stamp-1 days and next stamp with real date and on the back side of paper explaining why I did so with notice as screenshot from inis website with link to that update

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:09 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:37 pm
The main reference point is the first stamp in your passport when you are registered for the first time. The difference is only 4 months so I would count it as October 2022. But you can also try to explain your situation and mention covid time in your cover letter. (if you really want)
Thank you so much for your answer!
Another question - I have been traveling(personal travel) quite frequently this year. I am just aware of the 6-week rules, so I want to be more mindful in the future. I was wondering if you can provide some insight into how we calculate/accumulate the 42 days.

If I used the dates below, how many days I would end up having?

e.g:

1st trip: Fly out on March 22nd
Fly back on March 27th
4 days or 6 days?

2nd trip: Fly out on May 15th
Fly back on June 1st
16 days or 18 days?

3rd trip: Fly out on 7th July
Fly back on 18th July
10 days or 12 days?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:15 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:09 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Another question - I have been traveling(personal travel) quite frequently this year. I am just aware of the 6-week rules, so I want to be more mindful in the future. I was wondering if you can provide some insight into how we calculate/accumulate the 42 days.

e.g:

Fly back on March 27th
4 days or 6 days?

Fly back on June 1st
16 days or 18 days?

Fly back on 18th July
10 days or 12 days?
From what I read from this forum, sorry I have no official source to link to, the exit and entry dates to Ireland doesn't count as part of 42 days.

Fly back on March 27th
4 days or 6 days?

This would be 4 days as 22 and 27th of March is not counted.

But, I didn't had a situation like this so didn't ask my solicitor about this. For frequent travellers, it was advised by INIS to make a list (or Excel table) about their exit and entry date to provide during application. I think if you don't exceed 42 days per year it should be fine. But for more than 42 days of absence, they would ask letter from your employer stating that these are for business travel (assuming it's for business).

Another thing to add your original question, I have a gap of 4 months between my renewals due covid (garda stations were closed) so I asked about this to ISD via email and they said that you can use your original renew date as your stamp date and mention this in cover letter (I also printed out this email and put it as part of my citizenship application).

I could renew my IRP in September instead of May but I used May as stamp date (as instructed by ISD) but I still waited 4 more months to not fall short of any days just in case.

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:13 am

jesonnn wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 pm
yuki_vm wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:23 pm
Hi All,

Thank you!
To say about my application - I have same situation and put to the citizenship application date of new stamp-1 days and next stamp with real date and on the back side of paper explaining why I did so with notice as screenshot from inis website with link to that update
Thank you for sharing your experience. The real date for your second stamp is the date on your IRP card or your passport or the date was supposed to be?

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 am

mentalmind wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:15 pm
yuki_vm wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:09 pm
mentalmind wrote:

e.g:

Fly back on March 27th
4 days or 6 days?

Fly back on June 1st
16 days or 18 days?

Fly back on 18th July
10 days or 12 days?
From what I read from this forum, sorry I have no official source to link to, the exit and entry dates to Ireland doesn't count as part of 42 days.

Fly back on March 27th
4 days or 6 days?

This would be 4 days as 22 and 27th of March is not counted.

But, I didn't had a situation like this so didn't ask my solicitor about this. For frequent travellers, it was advised by INIS to make a list (or Excel table) about their exit and entry date to provide during application. I think if you don't exceed 42 days per year it should be fine. But for more than 42 days of absence, they would ask letter from your employer stating that these are for business travel (assuming it's for business).

Another thing to add your original question, I have a gap of 4 months between my renewals due covid (garda stations were closed) so I asked about this to ISD via email and they said that you can use your original renew date as your stamp date and mention this in cover letter (I also printed out this email and put it as part of my citizenship application).

I could renew my IRP in September instead of May but I used May as stamp date (as instructed by ISD) but I still waited 4 more months to not fall short of any days just in case.
Thank you for your insight! I guess I will use Oct as the annual cycle if I do apply for citizenship in the future. :)