ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving within the country after citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Moving within the country after citizenship application

Post by dobi80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:29 pm

Hi,

I have applied for naturalization last year and moved to another county this week. Who should I inform about my change of address regarding Irish naturalization? Can it be done online?

Thanks in advance

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Moving within the country after citizenship application

Post by mentalmind » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:03 pm

A bit of googling would help you. Here you go: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... f-address/

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:33 pm

Thank you very much for the answer. I had previously read on this forum about a guy changing address through this form but the address did not change on the departments records somehow, leading to him not getting the correspondences for a long time. I was hoping to get an answer if there was an online facility to do this or at least a way to check if the address actually changed or not, maybe through mygovid ? Any input is very much appreciated.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 am

dobi80 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:33 pm
Thank you very much for the answer. I had previously read on this forum about a guy changing address through this form but the address did not change on the departments records somehow, leading to him not getting the correspondences for a long time. I was hoping to get an answer if there was an online facility to do this or at least a way to check if the address actually changed or not, maybe through mygovid ? Any input is very much appreciated.
I would recommend (not saying it is approved way) write a letter about your circumstances like changing address, use your references number (if not applied yet, use post tracking number) and send by registed post (8 eur cost) once received (you can always see the status + download proof of post received on Anpost web site) send the email to citizenship Division with such information like you change address and you sent that information please verify and answer, so you will be having at least more chances to get them informed

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:26 am

jesonnn wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 am
dobi80 wrote:
I would recommend (not saying it is approved way) write a letter about your circumstances like changing address, use your references number (if not applied yet, use post tracking number) and send by registed post (8 eur cost) once received (you can always see the status + download proof of post received on Anpost web site) send the email to citizenship Division with such information like you change address and you sent that information please verify and answer, so you will be having at least more chances to get them informed
Thanks a lot. I will try this.

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:26 am

jesonnn wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 am
dobi80 wrote:
Thanks a lot. I will try this.