ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about birth cert for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nospringonion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Question about birth cert for naturalisation

Post by nospringonion » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:34 am

Hello experts,

I'm applying for naturalisation based on residence. I submitted my application last year through online portal. And now I have received the evetting invitation. So far nobody has asked me for more documents. However, I just now realized that I forgot to upload my birth cert which seems to be a required document. What should I do now? Should I contact citizenship team? Or should I just wait for some people to contact me to provide more documents? Will they simply reject my application due to no birth cert uploaded?

Thank you all in advance!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Question about birth cert for naturalisation

Post by Vadrar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 am

They are unlikely to reject for no birth cert. I’d email them with your registration number and ask them if they can open your application so you can add birth cert on portal. Or post a certified copy to them.

nospringonion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nospringonion » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 am

Vadrar wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 am
They are unlikely to reject for no birth cert. I’d email them with your registration number and ask them if they can open your application so you can add birth cert on portal. Or post a certified copy to them.
Thank you Vadrar! My birth cert is not a real birth cert from hospital. When I was born, the hospital in my country didn't issue a cert at that moment. So my birth cert is kind of a proof document issued by the notary public in my country which contains my information (name, id number, date/place of birth, etc) and my parents' information. They issued this document in both foreign language and english. Do I need to visit an Irish notary public to get it signed? Or the original one should be good enough for naturalisation?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:36 pm

If you post documents for naturalisation you won’t get them back and you will need certified originals or originals to get a passport. So I’d never post an original for naturalisation.

If you are uploading, all identity documents need to be certified, always.

nospringonion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nospringonion » Fri May 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Update:

I got my birth cert from my home country and got it certified by a notary public. Then I emailed citizenshipinfo@justice.ie to apologise my mistake that I forgot to submit birth cert in the online portal and sent them the scanned copy of birth cert together with my person id and application number.

However, they just replied me:
Please refer to the citizenship guidance document regarding proof of residency and identity documents.
www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-content/uplo ... cument.pdf
And the link they attached was also broken...

I'm now at the stage of evetting: Application process completed (the next step may be eVetting disclosure viewed?). I guess I can only wait for citizenship team to contact me for more documents or they would simply reject/approve my application.

OK, I found the correct link myself, which is https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... l-2024.pdf
But it only mentioned birth cert in the section of "Residency proofs based on marriage or civilpartnership" and "Special Provisions Relating to Refugees". Neither applies to me (I'm applying based on residency on stamp 4 while working & living in Ireland for >5 years). So now I'm also confused whether the birth cert is really needed or not...

KyukChick
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KyukChick » Fri May 24, 2024 2:36 pm

nospringonion wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:43 pm
Update:

I got my birth cert from my home country and got it certified by a notary public. Then I emailed citizenshipinfo@justice.ie to apologise my mistake that I forgot to submit birth cert in the online portal and sent them the scanned copy of birth cert together with my person id and application number.

However, they just replied me:
Please refer to the citizenship guidance document regarding proof of residency and identity documents.
www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-content/uplo ... cument.pdf
And the link they attached was also broken...

I'm now at the stage of evetting: Application process completed (the next step may be eVetting disclosure viewed?). I guess I can only wait for citizenship team to contact me for more documents or they would simply reject/approve my application.

OK, I found the correct link myself, which is https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... l-2024.pdf
But it only mentioned birth cert in the section of "Residency proofs based on marriage or civilpartnership" and "Special Provisions Relating to Refugees". Neither applies to me (I'm applying based on residency on stamp 4 while working & living in Ireland for >5 years). So now I'm also confused whether the birth cert is really needed or not...
That last link is dated April 2024, which means it is the most current list of requirements. The previous such documents included a certified copy of your birth certificate, so I wouldn't worry about your application. Also, they are very thorough (hence the long delays) so they wouldn't have advanced your application to Vetting if you had missing docs.

nospringonion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nospringonion » Mon May 27, 2024 10:27 am

Thank you KyukChick. Just now citizenship people emailed me:
Thank you for your email and I note the contents.
I'll post update here when I got approved or rejected or asked for more documents.