ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holiday Visa for US citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sophie4187

Working Holiday Visa for US citizen

Post by sophie4187 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 am

Hey it's me again-

As of September 2008, Ireland and the US have an agreement where US citizens can come to Ireland and work for up to 12 months with this Working Holiday Visa.. I've been to the DFA website and the Irish Embassy website in New York and I understand all of the items you have to have to apply but why does it say "must be Irish citizen" on one website and if you're an Irish citizen in whatever state, to go to certain Irish Embassies in the US? I thought this was for US citizens.. am I misinterpreting something here?

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 pm

It's reciprocal, so US citizens are able to come to Ireland.

See here http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=73713

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:28 am

Ok, I was just wondering if anyone knows the timeframe of getting this visa? I planned on going to the Irish Embassy in Chicago and applying in person so I don't have to send off my passport since I'm going to Ireland again in March but I was hoping to move to Ireland in July with this working holiday visa so just wondering if anyone knew the timeframe?? Thanks

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:27 pm

I knew someone who applied for one a week or so after it came out. Theirs took a couple of months to come through (but then the Irish embassy in New York knew nothing of it!!!). Could be different now though it's been going half a year.