ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting for 3 months.. Need Help.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sophie4187

Visiting for 3 months.. Need Help.

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Me again.. need a bit of help.. entering Ireland in January for almost 3 months.. I am from the US and do not require a visa.. am I only allowed to come into Ireland once a year for 3 months? Also, do I need to have any documentation at entry point when they stamp my passport? I came to Ireland in July but only for 2 weeks so didn't need anything special. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

victor8600

Re: Visiting for 3 months.. Need Help.

Post by victor8600 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 pm

I suppose it is the same as for people who need the visa. After you have entered Ireland for "visit", you may stay in Ireland for up to 3 months. Then you can leave the country and enter again. So in your case, there should be no problem.

Documentation: you need to show that you are self-sufficient basically. Hotel booking, bank account statements may help. To be sure, call Irish embassy to ask if any documentation is required.
All your base are belong to us

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Thank you.. and if I'm staying with my girlfriend? Just a bank statement in case and what, a letter from her saying I'm staying with her? Thanks!

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:21 pm

Definitely a dated return ticket and the letter from your friend (with her address) saying how long you are staying.

Bank statement won't hurt.

Unless things have changed since my last visitors came, you probably won't really need to produce much. They'll ask you the purpose of your visit, you say "holiday" Or "pleasure," if they ask "business or pleasure?" They might ask how long are you staying? You answer how long, i.e. your date of departure. They might ask a few other questions, but unless you are "up to something," you should have little to worry about. I don't think there are many Americans trying to sneak into Ireland under false pretenses, but I could be naïve too.

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Well, I was just making sure because when I came in July, they just asked how long and what for.. Nothing up here.. just visiting my baby..we do plan on applying for a de facto visa but that's a while.. so just making sure I have all my birds in a row for this trip! :) thanks