ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sophie4187

Help please.

Post by sophie4187 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm in Ireland at the moment, due to fly back Sunday the 18th. I sent off a letter last week to the Minister of Justice for permission to remain, as advised by my local garda station. As my time for leaving is quickly approaching, and I have only 2 days to hear back, is it legal for me to fly back to Chicago and just buy another ticket and fly to Shannon again the next day? I have enough funds, health insurance, and have never been in trouble here or in the United States. I just want to make sure that I am doing everything legally. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Help please.

Post by mktsoi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 pm

sophie4187 wrote:I'm in Ireland at the moment, due to fly back Sunday the 18th. I sent off a letter last week to the Minister of Justice for permission to remain, as advised by my local garda station. As my time for leaving is quickly approaching, and I have only 2 days to hear back, is it legal for me to fly back to Chicago and just buy another ticket and fly to Shannon again the next day? I have enough funds, health insurance, and have never been in trouble here or in the United States. I just want to make sure that I am doing everything legally. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
if you are an american citizen, you can fly to ireland anytime without permission to remain anyway. you just have to convince the immigration officer to give you a stamp! i flied back to ireland when i have 2 days left for my stamp 4, the immigration officer was giving me abit hard time but he let me back in because i have a letter for long term residency so it is abit different compare in your case. would you have a job to go back to when you come back to ireland or will you be coming back as a visitor?

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 pm

I know that, but as I am here now, I need a 3 month extension to the 3 months I've already been here. I haven't received a letter back regarding my application for permission to remain.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Generally it takes time to get a reply from DOJ.
But if you still want to extend your stay and have resources, go around somewhere in Europe for a short and back. You be complying with immigration laws. Leaving country after 90 days and back.. Than at immigration at Dublin airport have solid evidence as to why you want to extend ur stay.

Regards
Tiggs

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

Thanks guys. Is there any le-way that I could possibly get while I'm waiting for the permission to remain letter? I am due to leave Sunday, as my 90 days expires on Friday. I have tried calling everyone, no one seems to be able to know what to do.

astrid
Newly Registered

Post by astrid » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:03 pm

You could go down to GNIB and explain the situation. They can, at their discretion, extend your permission to stay.

plasticirish
Newly Registered

Post by plasticirish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

astrid wrote:You could go down to GNIB and explain the situation. They can, at their discretion, extend your permission to stay.
Not if she cant pass the immigration official in the airport than she cant go to GNIB to explain herself, right?