ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

..still waiting?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sophie4187

..still waiting?

Post by sophie4187 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am

hi all

i posted last week about my permission to remain status. i sent the letter requesting permission to remain until july, 2 weeks ago as advised by the superintendent at my garda station. she said i should hear back quickly, as my 90 days is due to expire this friday. i have yet to hear anything.. since i received a letter from the DOJ stating that they received my application and it was processing, does that mean i won't be actually here illegally since my status in ireland is entirely up to them and i haven't heard anything yet? if i don't get the permission to remain, i was going to come back in june and i need to make sure i'll be allowed back in since if i don't get anything by friday, my 90 days will be up. Advice??

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: ..still waiting?

Post by mktsoi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 pm

sophie4187 wrote:hi all

i posted last week about my permission to remain status. i sent the letter requesting permission to remain until july, 2 weeks ago as advised by the superintendent at my garda station. she said i should hear back quickly, as my 90 days is due to expire this friday. i have yet to hear anything.. since i received a letter from the DOJ stating that they received my application and it was processing, does that mean i won't be actually here illegally since my status in ireland is entirely up to them and i haven't heard anything yet? if i don't get the permission to remain, i was going to come back in june and i need to make sure i'll be allowed back in since if i don't get anything by friday, my 90 days will be up. Advice??
are you back in ireland now? if the immigration officer didnt give you a stamp when you enter, the simple thing to do if you are worry, take you letter from DOJ about your application to where you local GNIB and ask them to give you a stamp to tie you over until DOJ reply to you about yes or no for your extension. well, they always tell people if they stayed in ireland more than 90 days. they will have to up-to-date permission to remain. in your case, you left the country and came back again. the 90 days should goes from zero days again.

did the immigration officer in the airport tell you anything or did they stamp on your passport?

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 pm

No, I've been here since January 23, as a tourist from the United States for 3 months. I got the 3 month stamp at the airport, which is the one that can't be extended by the garda station, it requires permission from the DOJ. I called my superintendent 2 weeks ago asking what I could do to get an extension until July. She said write a letter to the DOJ and you should hear back within a week.. it's been 2 weeks and still nothing. I contacted her again last week and she said that I am allowed to stay in Ireland and that I am legal even if I go over my 90 days until I get a reply from the DOJ. I'm just hoping she's telling me the correct information and not giving me the run-a-round like I've been getting. I don't want to be in a country illegally but I am still "processing" ...