ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa vs. Mutliple Entry visa for Work permit's wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa vs. Mutliple Entry visa for Work permit's wife

Post by ginunicyb » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all creators and moderators for running this amazing forum!

I am looking for information regarding multiple entry visa for my spouse.

I got an offer from international IT-company residing in Dublin and going to move to Ireland this June. Company applying for Work Permit for me.

I understand that according to Work Permit conditions my wife will be able to reside legally in Ireland only in one year. But as per my understanding she is able to visit me from time to time in Dublin with holiday visa OR by applying for Spouse Visa.

My wife holds Russian passport, and I am Ukrainian citizen. We have marriage certificate issued in Russia.

One more thing to note. My wife is studying in Finland now and has residence permit in Finland till August, 2011. Since September she will move to Netherlands and will get residence permit till Spring, 2012 there.

- Is my wife eligible for spouse visa as my future employer operates in IT sphere? But my position is not Software developer, but closer for Business Development.

- If she is not eligible for spouse visa, what is the best way to get multiple entry visa to Ireland for her?

I addressed these questiones to Ireland embassy in Moscow. But got two different opinions. So would appreciate your help.
Last edited by ginunicyb on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa vs. Mutliple Entry visa for Work permit's wi

Post by ginunicyb » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:06 pm

qqqq

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa vs. Mutliple Entry visa for Work permit's wi

Post by ginunicyb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:27 pm

If you have any questions, I will be glad to provide more information

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Please refer

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Emb ... ish%20.pdf

and

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/em ... cheme.html

http://www.deti.ie/labour/workpermits/w ... permit.htm

http://www.deti.ie/labour/workpermits/index.htm

She can only apply for the Join Spouse visa after you work in Ireland for a period of 1 year unless you come under a special category like the Green Card Category.

She will not be able to apply for a Multiple Entry visa the first time around. That can only be done from within Ireland after arriving here.

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Post by ginunicyb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Ok, thank you.

As per information at web-page
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html she does not need visa to come to Ireland and stay here for less then 3 months as long as she has Netherlands Residence Permit.

Am I right in understanding this information?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:40 pm

If you are issued with a work permit you can apply for your spouse to join you after 12 months where she will be given a spousal visa and can come and go as she pleases in Ireland. If she wants to work she has to apply for a work permit on her own behalf.

source: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... olders_etc

Russian citizens do require a visa to visit Ireland, if she holds a residence permit from finalnd/netherlands that would not make a difference she would still need a visa to visit, but it would be easy enough as you will be sponsoring your wife to visit you on holidays and she can get multiple enteries or even a longer term visitor visa if you request it IMHO.
Who else can land in Ireland without a visa?
You do not need a visa to land in Ireland if:

You hold a valid travel document issued by one of the following countries in accordance with Article 28 of the Geneva Convention: Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland.
The above is a travel document issued to refugees.

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Post by ginunicyb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Thank you very much, Fatty Patty

It seems that we'll have to apply for 2 holiday visas for my wife. As my wife plans to enter with me to Ireland in the beginning of June. Then she will have a short trip to Hungary, and after that she is planning to come back to Ireland. She will leave Ireland on August, 15 in order to continue her studies at the Netherlands.

I know about re-entry visas. But to get this one in Ireland she have to be registered at the Garda National Immigration Bureau. And she will not be able to register at Garda with holiday visa.

Are there any way to get multiple entry visa for her? May be she can register at Garda somehow?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 am

Visa issued for 90 days especially visitors do not require GNIB registration, they get registered at the airport by GNIB upon arrival. Also visit visas have condition on them that no extension allowed, so the person has to go back to their home country/country of residence and re-apply when visa is finished.
Single or Multiple Journey

The next question you will be asked is ‘Journey Type’ – whether this is Single or Multiple.

A Single Journey visa will allow you to seek entry to Ireland on one occasion only within the dates shown on the visa.
A Multiple Journey visa will allow you seek entry to Ireland on a number of occasions within the dates shown on the visa.

Note on Multiple Entry Visas

It is not our general practice to issue Multiple-Journey visas unless you have shown a compliant travel history to Ireland in the recent past.
For a Short Stay visa, if you have held 2 previous Irish visas and have observed the conditions of these visas (e.g. you did not overstay or work illegally) you may apply for a Multiple-Journey visa.

However, the purpose of these visas is to allow a person to travel to Ireland on a number of occasions during the dates shown on the visa, for short trips only. It is not permitted to use this category of visa to bypass immigration rules governing residency in the State – i.e. it is not possible to remain in Ireland for a period of 90 days and then seek to re-enter the country for further periods of up to 90 days. Any abuse of this may result in future applications being refused. The issuance of a Multiple Journey visa will be at the discretion of the Visa Officer.
source: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... cation.pdf

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Post by ginunicyb » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 am

Ok, we are going to apply for Multiple entry visa.

I looked through the list of required documents for holiday visa at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000212

As company will rent temporarily apartment for me, we have not any booking from the hotel. Also I won't be able to provide letter of invitation for my spouse\payslip as I will start my work only since June.

Maybe we should book some hotel for my wife and present this booking to Visa officer? Just to confirm that she won't be homeless there. What do you think about this?

What additional documents you would recommend to add to my wife's visa application in order to increase our chances to get Multiple entry visa?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:23 pm

The one thing visa officers look for is the applicant's ties in home country / country of residence. If your wife is studying / working then the holiday letter from college / work letter from employer would be a requirement.

IMHO a typical list includes:

Applicant's passport, visa form completed, visa fees, holiday letter from college/work showing duration of holidays, payslips if working or student letter from college if student, around 3-6 months bank statements showing sufficient funds or credit card statements showing sufficient credit, hotel booking (if no Irish sponsor) etc.

ginunicyb
Newly Registered

Post by ginunicyb » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 pm

fatty patty wrote:The one thing visa officers look for is the applicant's ties in home country / country of residence. If your wife is studying / working then the holiday letter from college / work letter from employer would be a requirement.

IMHO a typical list includes:

Applicant's passport, visa form completed, visa fees, holiday letter from college/work showing duration of holidays, payslips if working or student letter from college if student, around 3-6 months bank statements showing sufficient funds or credit card statements showing sufficient credit, hotel booking (if no Irish sponsor) etc.
Thanks for your help, Fatty Patty!