ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Investor Indefinite Leave

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehdiyhi
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Investor Indefinite Leave

Post by mehdiyhi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 pm

It says in 245U. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain:
The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years Lawfully in the UK, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant, in any combination of the following categories:

(i) as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,

(ii) as an Investor.

I would like to query this: should I switch over from Tier 1 General to Tier 1 Investor will my timing spent under Tier 1 General (3 years and continously employed/high salaried) be credited for the indefinite leave timing (5 years) under Tier Investor. According to the rule it states that most recent period but it doesn't say all period should be spent under Tier 1 Investor??

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thanks

geriatrix

Re: Tier 1 Investor Indefinite Leave

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

mehdiyhi wrote:will my timing spent under Tier 1 General (3 years and continously employed/high salaried) be credited for the indefinite leave timing (5 years) under Tier Investor.
No.

From 06-Apr-11, immigration rule 245EF will apply.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 Investor Indefinite Leave

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:15 am

mehdiyhi wrote:should I switch over from Tier 1 General to Tier 1 Investor will my timing spent under Tier 1 Generalnbe credited for the indefinite leave timing (5 years) under Tier Investor.
No.