ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate level job.entreprenuer??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yoldashh
Newly Registered

Graduate level job.entreprenuer??

Post by yoldashh » Thu May 10, 2012 11:27 am

Hello,can some one help me please.
i am ivoloved in a carpet wholesale company.
and i am a registered director,with annual revenue of more than £140000.
what job should i have ina carpet wholesale business which is equivelnt of graduate level job.as i want to switch from psw to £50000 entreprenuer.
i am a graduate of accounting and finance.
any help will be appreciated .
thank you and God Bless you All.

Re: Graduate level job.entreprenuer??

Post by 791898 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 pm

yoldashh wrote:Hello,can some one help me please.
i am ivoloved in a carpet wholesale company.
and i am a registered director,with annual revenue of more than £140000.
what job should i have ina carpet wholesale business which is equivelnt of graduate level job.as i want to switch from psw to £50000 entreprenuer.
i am a graduate of accounting and finance.
any help will be appreciated .
thank you and God Bless you All.
registered director is graduate level job

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 pm

They said that u need to create 2 full time job for the settled person means people who are UK national or at least has Indefinite leave to remain. They didn't say anything about job type or minimum salary. I think you can create any type of job with any amount of salary to fulfill the job requirement.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat May 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Ahmed25 wrote:They said that u need to create 2 full time job for the settled person means people who are UK national or at least has Indefinite leave to remain. They didn't say anything about job type or minimum salary. I think you can create any type of job with any amount of salary to fulfill the job requirement.
Page 25 of the guidance
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

Other than admin to run the business, the work has to be graduate level. So no taxi driving, running a shop and so on.

newboy641
Newly Registered

Post by newboy641 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi PaperPusher

I have read the whole guidance many times. And I just read the page25-26 as kindly pointed out by you.
But it only says about the occupation level of your job .

It does not mention anywhere about the level of jobs/employment you should create. It only mentions that they should be settled/British National..

Can you paste the text where it mentions what you said. It would be very kind.

Thanks,
S

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun May 13, 2012 3:06 pm

The original poster's question was about the level of their job.

newboy641
Newly Registered

Post by newboy641 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks paperpusher-
That means any type of job/ min wage job can also be created as long as the other peripheral requirements of number of hours and british national is taken care of ?

I have one more question. Regarding investments.

During renewal what will account as investment ?
Transfer of money from visa holders personal account to visa holders company account ?

After this transfer, the company need not spend it anywhere ?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun May 13, 2012 10:54 pm

newboy641 wrote:Thanks paperpusher-
That means any type of job/ min wage job can also be created as long as the other peripheral requirements of number of hours and british national is taken care of ?

I have one more question. Regarding investments.

During renewal what will account as investment ?
Transfer of money from visa holders personal account to visa holders company account ?

After this transfer, the company need not spend it anywhere ?

What sort of business has one graduate level job and two minimum wage jobs? If you can think of one more power to your elbow.

Regarding the investment, see page 40

Money should be fully used in the business and not held in the business bank account in order to qualify for the award of points Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable

newboy641
Newly Registered

Post by newboy641 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi paperpusher - thanks for your reply.

but your question is interesting- are you really inquiring about my business model or trying to be poky ? I will take it as positive and that you really want to know.

Well mine will be an internet company with me as the founder and main idea generator and two-three(depending on growth/cash flow) graduate programmers who will work on minimum salary and get paid end of year on the company's performance? minimum wage would be 12-14K pounds a year + equity. plus an expected bonus of 0-30k ?
don't you think its a good deal in this economy for a 20yr old grad ?

Thanks
S

newboy641
Newly Registered

Post by newboy641 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:01 pm

hi paperpusher

two last questions.

1) can you tell us if all the company expenses such as salaries, rents, client entertainment, business development activities related expenses etc will be considered as investment(i.e. all company expenditures) ?

in a services/internet company its not like buying a hotel/restaurant as such, so there is nothing physical.
so these are the headers where I will be spending/investing the money in real terms.

2) Also, how would you differentiate between money spent from investment amount or money spent from company's revenues. As everything will lie in the company's corporate account. and all the expenditure/investment will debit from that account. So for visa purposes how would show that ? Or just expenditure/ investment of 200K from the company account should suffice the rule that it has been invested ?

Thanks,
S